Wireless USB dongles

Old May 31st 06, 05:12 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Jas

Default Wireless USB dongles

Is there anything to choose between the different brands/types?
(Is the cheapest okay?)

I appreciate the range may be rather limited but don't anticipate any
problems.

Old May 31st 06, 08:46 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Dave P

"Jas" *m wrote in message
Is there anything to choose between the different brands/types?
(Is the cheapest okay?)

I appreciate the range may be rather limited but don't anticipate any
problems.

There are differences between them. I found my pc showed a definite
preference! I never worked out if it was my pc, xp or the router that didn't
like the USB dongle.

Dave