IT business rabate still on?

Old May 31st 06, 06:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Zzaaarathustra

Default IT business rabate still on?

Does anyone know if a business can still get a 100% tax refund on IT
equipment, I heard it was going to stop.

Thanks

Old June 1st 06, 12:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joe Lee

"Zzaaarathustra" wrote in message
Does anyone know if a business can still get a 100% tax refund on IT
equipment, I heard it was going to stop.

I don't know. You could try uk.finance

Joe Lee

Thanks

Old June 2nd 06, 09:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PhilT

Zzaaarathustra wrote:
Does anyone know if a business can still get a 100% tax refund on IT
equipment, I heard it was going to stop.

it did stop, maybe 2 years ago. Budget speech etc.
http://www.menzies.co.uk/news_room/tax+news/60

It was a 100% first year allowance, now it will be the same as anything
else with a first year allowance followed by a writing down allowance.

Many businesses charge it to revenue (operating cost) so get the relief
that way.

Phil