Some PAP2 questions

Old May 31st 06, 07:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave Saville

Default Some PAP2 questions

Hi

Just got an unlocked UK PAP2 and I have some questions:

1) There is noise/static on the line - even without the network connection.
Have tried both ports and corded and DECT phones. Google hints at some fix
using port two but unfortunately I only have one adapter thingy.

2) How the heck do you get the damn thing to get the time right? Have set the
NTP server addresses but it still thinks its years ago.

3) Is there a *real* manual anywhere. That goes into all the settings possible
in the web tool. For example the daylight savings rule. Linksys site only has
the same version as the CD.

--

Regards

Dave Saville

Old May 31st 06, 07:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Dave Saville" wrote in message
. uk
Hi

Just got an unlocked UK PAP2 and I have some questions:

The PAP2 is based on the Sipura SPA-2000 which I have, so I may be of some
use, who knows..!

1) There is noise/static on the line - even without the
network connection. Have tried both ports and corded and
DECT phones. Google hints at some fix using port two but
unfortunately I only have one adapter thingy.

A link to the so-called "fix" please..? Not had this problem.

2) How the heck do you get the damn thing to get the time
right? Have set the NTP server addresses but it still
thinks its years ago.

Is the device registering with a SIP provider..? I think it has to before
it will pick up the time, regardless of what ntp server you set.

3) Is there a *real* manual anywhere. That goes into all
the settings possible in the web tool. For example the
daylight savings rule. Linksys site only has the same
version as the CD.

As I said, the PAP 2 is based on the Sipura 2000 so try the manual for
that: http://www.sipura.com/Documents/Sipu...uidev2.0.9.pdf

Ivor

Old May 31st 06, 09:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave Saville

On Wed, 31 May 2006 19:35:41 +0100, Ivor Jones wrote:

"Dave Saville" wrote in message
.uk
Hi

Just got an unlocked UK PAP2 and I have some questions:

The PAP2 is based on the Sipura SPA-2000 which I have, so I may be of some
use, who knows..!

1) There is noise/static on the line - even without the
network connection. Have tried both ports and corded and
DECT phones. Google hints at some fix using port two but
unfortunately I only have one adapter thingy.

A link to the so-called "fix" please..? Not had this problem.

Yes that would be nice - Unfortunately that's all I did find - hints there was
one :-(

2) How the heck do you get the damn thing to get the time
right? Have set the NTP server addresses but it still
thinks its years ago.

Is the device registering with a SIP provider..? I think it has to before
it will pick up the time, regardless of what ntp server you set.

Yes it is registered with two and still thinks it is 2003.

3) Is there a *real* manual anywhere. That goes into all
the settings possible in the web tool. For example the
daylight savings rule. Linksys site only has the same
version as the CD.

As I said, the PAP 2 is based on the Sipura 2000 so try the manual for
that: http://www.sipura.com/Documents/Sipu...uidev2.0.9.pdf

Thanks for the link will try that.

--

Regards

Dave Saville

Old May 31st 06, 09:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave Saville

On Wed, 31 May 2006 19:35:41 +0100, Ivor Jones wrote:

"Dave Saville" wrote in message
As I said, the PAP 2 is based on the Sipura 2000 so try the manual for
that: http://www.sipura.com/Documents/Sipu...uidev2.0.9.pdf

*much* better. Ta

--

Regards

Dave Saville

Old June 1st 06, 05:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave Saville

On Wed, 31 May 2006 19:10:38 +0100 (BST), Dave Saville wrote:

Hi

Just got an unlocked UK PAP2 and I have some questions:

1) There is noise/static on the line - even without the network connection.
Have tried both ports and corded and DECT phones. Google hints at some fix
using port two but unfortunately I only have one adapter thingy.

2) How the heck do you get the damn thing to get the time right? Have set the
NTP server addresses but it still thinks its years ago.

To answer my own post - it was the router firewall - NTP comes *in* on 123 -
like DNS on 53. Opened that and it got the time right - as did the modem which
has been wrong forever.

Still got the noise and it is slightly less obtrusive on 2. Found a post that
said the impedance should be 270+750||150nF and changed that from 600 but no
change. What *should* all the various FXS settings in regional and line pages
be for a UK phone? Maybe there is something in there causing it.

--

Regards

Dave Saville