Sipgate and Sip Broker

Old May 31st 06, 08:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Robin Harvey

Default Sipgate and Sip Broker

Does anyone know if Sipgate allows access to SIP Broker? For example, Voiptalk
users send **473 followed by the Sip Broker code for other VSP networks.
Thanks
Robin

Old June 1st 06, 01:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Robin Harvey

On Thu, 01 Jun 2006 12:58:13 +0100, Oldie wrote:

On Wed, 31 May 2006 19:55:24 GMT, Robin Harvey
wrote:

Does anyone know if Sipgate allows access to SIP Broker? For example, Voiptalk
users send **473 followed by the Sip Broker code for other VSP networks.
Thanks
Robin

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "access to" but I certainly use
Sipgate together with Sipbroker. My ATA is registered with Voxalot (a
Sipbroker sister company). My Voxalot account in turn is registered
with Sipgate, as well with as other VSPs (including Voiptalk for
instance).

The result is that:

1. I can call any VSP that is registered with Sipbroker by using their
*xxx code (and that's pretty well any VSP that you can think of).

2. I can select any of my registered VSPs to make an outgoing call
(and I can create a dialplan so that certain destinations are routed
through particular VSPs).

3. Calls coming in to any of my registered VSPs ring my (single-line)
phone.

So, for example I can call SIP-SIP between Voipfone and Sipgate even
though neither of them show bilateral peering on their websites. It
all works a treat!

Hope this helps

Oldie

Thank you for your most helpful reply. I'm using a Grandstream GXP-2000 and will
try out your reply on it.
Robin Harvey
E-mail:

Web site:
www.harjin.co.uk
www.robinharvey.co.uk
Old June 1st 06, 08:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PhilT

Robin Harvey wrote:
Does anyone know if Sipgate allows access to SIP Broker? For example, Voiptalk
users send **473 followed by the Sip Broker code for other VSP networks.

"in the know" VoIPtalk users have a dial plan that routes the * code
direct to sipbroker without having to prefix it **473

the sipbroker.com website provide details of the dial plan fragment
required, its quite elegant really and is VSP independent as it
basically diverts the call setup to sipbroker instead of your VSP.

Phil

Old June 2nd 06, 07:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

Robin Harvey wrote:
Does anyone know if Sipgate allows access to SIP Broker? For example, Voiptalk
users send **473 followed by the Sip Broker code for other VSP networks.

Access has nothing to do with your own VSP. When you make a connection
it goes to Sipbroker - not, for example, to Sipgate and then
Sipbroker. Your VSP has no say in it - if you want ot connect to
Sipbroker you can.
If you have a Sipura/Linksys ATA just include something like

as an element in your dial plan.
That way, any number which starts with a ' * ', followed by your
number will automatically be routed to Sipbroker - nothing to do with
Sipgate or any other VSP.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.