EasyPABX questions

Old May 31st 06, 10:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

Default EasyPABX questions

I have been experimenting with various aspects of EasyPABX.

1. Currently I have my geo DID pointing at my VSP and registering the
SIP via EasyPABX (EP) just as though it was an ATA.
That works fine. However, I have need to point the DID directly at a
DDI on EP. I need to formulate the SIP address. I thought it might be
the DDI ID +underscore+my EP ID
eg.
Well, that doesn't work & neither do various other combinations I
have tried. What should it be??

2. From sipbroker the code for easyPABX is *7449
Where does the rest of the number come from to access my part of the
exchange? I've tried allsorts of combinations to no avail.

Before you ask...why don't I post on the forum at EasyPABX - I'll be
diplomatic and just say that I prefer this group.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old June 1st 06, 12:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Wed, 31 May 2006, Brian A writes
I have been experimenting with various aspects of EasyPABX.

1. Currently I have my geo DID pointing at my VSP and registering the
SIP via EasyPABX (EP) just as though it was an ATA.
That works fine. However, I have need to point the DID directly at a
DDI on EP. I need to formulate the SIP address. I thought it might be
the DDI ID +underscore+my EP ID
eg.
Well, that doesn't work & neither do various other combinations I
have tried. What should it be??

2. From sipbroker the code for easyPABX is *7449
Where does the rest of the number come from to access my part of the
exchange? I've tried allsorts of combinations to no avail.

Before you ask...why don't I post on the forum at EasyPABX - I'll be
diplomatic and just say that I prefer this group.

Nevertheless, you will get a better and informed response in the forum.
Also the owners respond there.

To answer your fist question isn't it your ext.no and account no. eg

David
Old June 1st 06, 01:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Thu, 1 Jun 2006 12:53:10 +0100, David Floyd
wrote:

[...]

That is what you use for set up on your ATA but it doesn't work when
connecting from a DID. Dial up the DID and get 'beep beep beep' - drop
out.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old June 1st 06, 01:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

wrote:

[...]

I am working on the calback - there is precious little information so
I have had to guess. Anyway, I got it working but, as the callback is
designed NOT to answer - hat is as I would wi****. However, not being
able to connect, the call gets routed, unfortunately, to my VSP's
voicemail service - I don't want an answer at all. I can't switch off
the voicemail so I thought I would try to direct the DID to the
exchange - It might be flawed thinking I don't know.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.