Demon English

Old June 1st 06, 09:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Pete

Default Demon English

I couldn't resist posting an email I've just had from Demon. It
deserves to be on record as an example of how NOT to abuse the english
language.

Briefly - I cancelled my Demon account and transferred to Pipex. Demon
seem to have ignored the fact, and have sent me a bill for next
month....

Here's their response to my request that they cancel the bill.

Dear Mr. Roe,

Thank you for your email dated 30/05/2006.

Further to your mail, I have forwarded the matter to the relevant
department to back date cancel. This should happen in 3 to 4 working
days. I would request you to write back to us to know the status.

Please also be informed that we will charge till the account was live
with us and will raise an invoice on the pro-rata basis which will
reflect on your next billing cycle.

If you have any further enquiries please do not hesitate to contact
our customer services team on 0845 272 2666.

For your information, details concerning this email communication have
been added to the notes on your Demon account.

Sigh.
Old June 1st 06, 09:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Forrester

Pete wrote:
I couldn't resist posting an email I've just had from Demon. It
deserves to be on record as an example of how NOT to abuse the english
language.

Looks like the Demon writer is UK educated.
Old June 1st 06, 06:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clint Sharp

In message , Pete
writes
Please also be informed that we will charge till the account was live
with us and will raise an invoice on the pro-rata basis which will
reflect on your next billing cycle.

If you have any further enquiries please do not hesitate to contact
our customer services team on 0845 272 2666.

For your information, details concerning this email communication have
been added to the notes on your Demon account.

Wow, definitely not sent from an Indian call centre then.... I'm
impressed.

Sigh.

--
Clint Sharp
Old June 1st 06, 09:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

Looks like the Demon writer is UK educated.

An indian call centre wouldn't employ someone with such poor english
writing skills !