New Modem: D-Link - DSL-300T / DS Margin

Old June 1st 06, 09:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon Dean

Default New Modem: D-Link - DSL-300T / DS Margin

Unbelievable modem. There was a poster here who recommended a DSL-300G,
among loads of other helpful suggestions. With one thing and another,
and the hesitation over PCI Modems, lack of PCI Space and Link, I went
with a DSL-300T.

Unlike my previous Linksys ADSL2MUE, this thing works out of the box! I
think I spent about five minutes configuring it. Just had to make sure
that the modem was on a different subnet. 24 hours later, a reboot, and
it still connected first time. The web interface is a bit childish, but
it gives all the information you need.

This one gives me easy to access Line Stats too:

DS Attentuation: 26
DS Margin: 11
Downstream Rate: 8128

My DS Margin is anywhere between 6 and 11 now. It's usually better in
the rain! What might that mean?