Raid busy signal dialling out

Old June 1st 06, 01:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Lansbury

Default Raid busy signal dialling out

Just trying to install the Linksys SPA3000, ordered from Broadband Buyer at
4.50pm yesterday and here at 9.15 this morning.

When dialling out I get a rapid busy signal. Have followed the instructions on
my providers site but this hasn't solved the problem. (basically port
forwarding)

Any idea as to which setting I might have wrong which could cause this.

--
Lansbury
www.uk-air.net
Old June 1st 06, 02:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Topping

"Lansbury" wrote in message
Just trying to install the Linksys SPA3000, ordered from Broadband Buyer
at
4.50pm yesterday and here at 9.15 this morning.

When dialling out I get a rapid busy signal. Have followed the
instructions on
my providers site but this hasn't solved the problem. (basically port
forwarding)

Any idea as to which setting I might have wrong which could cause this.

--
Lansbury
www.uk-air.net
FAQs for the alt.travel.uk.air newsgroup

Is a single-tone or two-tone busy signal?

If it's a single-tone it's 'line busy', whereas if it's two-tone, it's
network busy, which may indicated your SP is at fault.

Regards

--
David Topping
david.toppingatgnuemail.com

PGP Key: 0xB171F108
GnuPG Key: 0xC1550505
Available from: http://www.gnuemail.com/david.topping/
---

Old June 1st 06, 03:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Lansbury

On Thu, 1 Jun 2006 14:31:24 +0100, "David Topping"
wrote:

Is a single-tone or two-tone busy signal?

If it's a single-tone it's 'line busy', whereas if it's two-tone, it's
network busy, which may indicated your SP is at fault.

It's a single tone. The line I'm dialling isn't busy as it is in the same room
as the VoIP phone.

If I plug the locked PAP2, which was supplied, back in everything works ok.
Old June 1st 06, 06:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

"Lansbury" wrote in message
Just trying to install the Linksys SPA3000, ordered from Broadband Buyer
at
4.50pm yesterday and here at 9.15 this morning.

When dialling out I get a rapid busy signal. Have followed the
instructions on
my providers site but this hasn't solved the problem. (basically port
forwarding)

Any idea as to which setting I might have wrong which could cause this.

--
Lansbury
www.uk-air.net
FAQs for the alt.travel.uk.air newsgroup

I am struggling, try as I might, to guess which provider you are using. :-)

I would be pleased to help, as would many here.......but give us a bit more
info.

Your issue could be adapter specific, ITSP specific or even network
specific.

If all the provider offered were port forwarding instructions, what have you
set up for a dial plan?

Does your provider require numbers to be dialled in full international
format? If so, is that being catered for in your dial plan.? Do you get a
busy signal when dialling out on the Line 1 voip provider or, when you dial
on the PSTN gateway?

Does the phone on Line 1 ring on inound calls for VOIP & PSTN?

Also what do you mean by "Raid busy signal"? Is that a provider I've not
heard of?

Old June 1st 06, 10:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Lansbury

On Thu, 01 Jun 2006 17:13:59 GMT, "Jono" wrote:

I am struggling, try as I might, to guess which provider you are using. :-)

It is Delta Three retail arm iconnecthere.com.

I would be pleased to help, as would many here.......but give us a bit more
info.

Your issue could be adapter specific, ITSP specific or even network
specific.

If all the provider offered were port forwarding instructions, what have you
set up for a dial plan?

The provider supplied all the information required for an SPA2000, they do not
support an SPA3000, including the dial plan. I can receive calls but not dial
out.

I have tried it with voipfone and it works and with exgn.net and it works.

The dial plan iconnecthere.com give is

Next to Dial Plan: enter:
(*xx*xxxxxxxxxxx.|*x*xxxxxxxxxxx.|[3469]11|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.)
Does your provider require numbers to be dialled in full international
format? If so, is that being catered for in your dial plan.? Do you get a
busy signal when dialling out on the Line 1 voip provider or, when you dial
on the PSTN gateway?

They just require the country code. I have only configured line 1 at present
my router is to far away from the phone box to connect the PSTN. (Awaiting the
arrival of the Linksys wireless unit for phone adaptors)

Does the phone on Line 1 ring on inound calls for VOIP & PSTN?

Yes to VoIP haven't tried the PSTN

Also what do you mean by "Raid busy signal"? Is that a provider I've not
heard of?

Sorry Typo should read rapid busy signal.

Appreciate you help.

Old June 1st 06, 11:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Lansbury wrote :

The dial plan iconnecthere.com give is

Next to Dial Plan: enter:
(*xx*xxxxxxxxxxx.|*x*xxxxxxxxxxx.|[3469]11|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.)

I suggest trying a simple dial plan such as (*xx|xx.)

Then do a test call dialling in the format 0044xxxxxxxxxx or
44xxxxxxxxxx.

Then, if that works, we can work on a proper dial plan.

What's your local area code?

Old June 2nd 06, 07:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Lansbury

On Thu, 01 Jun 2006 23:37:14 +0100, Jono
wrote:

What's your local area code?

020 in London

503 in Oregon
Old June 2nd 06, 08:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Lansbury

wrote:

I suggest trying a simple dial plan such as (*xx|xx.)

Just the same rapid busy signal.
Old June 2nd 06, 09:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mark BR

wrote:

Is a single-tone or two-tone busy signal?

If it's a single-tone it's 'line busy', whereas if it's two-tone,
it's network busy, which may indicated your SP is at fault.

It's a single tone. The line I'm dialling isn't busy as it is in the
same room as the VoIP phone.

If I plug the locked PAP2, which was supplied, back in everything
works ok.

In Cameroon, so suspect it is a French idea, there was a rapid single tone
signal as the call was being set up before the ring tone/engaged signal
starts - useful as setting up a call could take up to 90 seconds there.

Mark BR