Toucan 1 gig Heavy user

Old June 1st 06, 07:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ferg

Default Toucan 1 gig Heavy user

I've just received another email from toucan saying that I have downloaded
1.06 gig over 7 days during peak hours (6pm-11pm) and as such I am being
moved
to a heavy users pipe , what really annoys me is they added conditions inc
this fair usage condition after I signed up,(I signed up at start of offer
last sept/October) they also increased technical support from 10p a minute
to 30p a minute again without informing their customers and again after I
had signed a 12 month contract with them, how 1.06 gig over 7 days on a 2mb
unlimited package is heavy use I don't know but feel others should be warned
to stay clear.they are also heavy spammers and have call centres in India
which take delight in ringing you several times a week to try and sell you
their line rental deal.

ferg

remove nospam to reply

Old June 2nd 06, 12:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ABC

"ferg" wrote in message
[...]

What does your contract (the original contract when you signed) say? Have
they notified you with the change in the terms and conditions?
You could try to claim a breach of contract against the ISP under the Unfair
Terms Act, as T&Cs are only enforcable if they are unbiased and are equally
weighted.