Bandwidth meter that ignores LAN traffic

Old June 2nd 06, 11:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sparks

Default Bandwidth meter that ignores LAN traffic

Is there a bandwidth meter that can be set to ignore LAN traffic?

I have one network card in each PC and a router, I want to be able to log
all internet (WAN) traffic, but ignore local LAN traffic!

Thanks!

Old June 2nd 06, 12:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ABC

"Sparks" wrote in message
Is there a bandwidth meter that can be set to ignore LAN traffic?

I have one network card in each PC and a router, I want to be able to log
all internet (WAN) traffic, but ignore local LAN traffic!

Thanks!

Don't know of any PC software, but you could put in a IPCOP server in the
chain. This will record the WAN traffic and LAN traffic seperately. Use an
old PC for the job and download (for free) IPCOP from www.ipcop.org

Old June 2nd 06, 01:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony

http://www.paessler.com/prtg

--
Tony W
My e-mail address has no hyphen

Old June 2nd 06, 03:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bazza

Sparks wrote:
Is there a bandwidth meter that can be set to ignore LAN traffic?

I have one network card in each PC and a router, I want to be able to log
all internet (WAN) traffic, but ignore local LAN traffic!

Thanks!

Try "WatchWan", Filters can be set to ignore local traffic

http://duf.sourceforge.net/watchwan/

Bazza
Old June 4th 06, 02:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Geoff

"Bazza" wrote in message
Sparks wrote:
Is there a bandwidth meter that can be set to ignore LAN traffic?

I have one network card in each PC and a router, I want to be able to

log
all internet (WAN) traffic, but ignore local LAN traffic!

Thanks!

Try "WatchWan", Filters can be set to ignore local traffic

http://duf.sourceforge.net/watchwan/

Bazza

Great little program, but I have just tested it here and it seems to throw
the CPU into 100% use. Especially when downloading with a torrent client.
Shame that.....

Old June 8th 06, 02:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
james

"Tony" wrote in message
. uk...
"ABC" wrote in message

"Sparks" wrote in message
Is there a bandwidth meter that can be set to ignore LAN traffic?

I have one network card in each PC and a router, I want to be able to
log all internet (WAN) traffic, but ignore local LAN traffic!

Thanks!

Don't know of any PC software, but you could put in a IPCOP server in the
chain. This will record the WAN traffic and LAN traffic seperately. Use
an old PC for the job and download (for free) IPCOP from www.ipcop.org

http://www.paessler.com/prtg

Agreed - I've been using the free one of this to pick up SNMP traps from the
WAN side of my router to see if I can change to the Zen 8Mb offering or not.

Old June 9th 06, 07:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PJW

"Sparks" wrote:

Is there a bandwidth meter that can be set to ignore LAN traffic?

I have one network card in each PC and a router, I want to be able to log
all internet (WAN) traffic, but ignore local LAN traffic!

http://www.lp23.com/bmextreme/ will do all you ask and more, but each
PC will need a licensed copy...

--

PJW, Orpington, Kent