X-Pro with multiple accounts/providers..?

Old June 2nd 06, 12:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

Default X-Pro with multiple accounts/providers..?

Hi All,

Just installed X-Pro (the full version of X-Lite) and I'm having problems
getting it to work properly with multiple SIP accounts. I have two UK
Sipgate numbers, one German Sipgate number, a Gradwell number and a FWD
one; all the account details go in ok but there seems to be no way to
select a particular account for dialling out on, all calls are made from
the account info in the first "line" position, no matter which one is
selected on the screen.

Also, all calls ring on line position 6, regardless of the number called.

The help facilities within the program are non-existent, clicking the ?
mark just opens a web page for a forum which you have to log into to post
questions, so before I bother with all that I thought I'd ask here first.

The only reason I'm using the softphone is for my laptop when I'm
travelling, so it's not going to get extensive use, but it would be good
if I could call out on any of the registered accounts not just the first
one.

Ivor

Old June 2nd 06, 02:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham

[...]

Hi Ivor,
Just prefix the number with #1 to dial out on proxy 1 etc.
Alternatively, right-click on the 'LCD display' and left click on the proxy.

The "line" keys do not correspond to proxies. Incoming calls populate the
"line keys" in a top-down fashion
and outgoing calls work bottom-up (unless you press one first).
A lot of PABX's work like this.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old June 2nd 06, 03:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Graham" wrote in message ...

[snip]

Hi Ivor,
Just prefix the number with #1 to dial out on proxy 1 etc.
Alternatively, right-click on the 'LCD display' and left click on the
proxy.

The "line" keys do not correspond to proxies. Incoming calls populate the
"line keys" in a top-down fashion
and outgoing calls work bottom-up (unless you press one first).
A lot of PABX's work like this.

Thanks Graham,

That seems to work ok. Strange, I would have thought the line keys would
have corresponded to accounts, but there you go. It would be useful to be
able to tell which line a call comes in on.

Oh well, it isn't going to get heavy use, but sometimes plugging in an ATA
isn't always possible..!

Ivor

Old June 2nd 06, 11:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
linker3000

Ivor Jones wrote:
"Graham" wrote in message ...

[snip]

Hi Ivor,
Just prefix the number with #1 to dial out on proxy 1 etc.
Alternatively, right-click on the 'LCD display' and left click on the
proxy.

The "line" keys do not correspond to proxies. Incoming calls populate the
"line keys" in a top-down fashion
and outgoing calls work bottom-up (unless you press one first).
A lot of PABX's work like this.

Thanks Graham,

That seems to work ok. Strange, I would have thought the line keys would
have corresponded to accounts, but there you go. It would be useful to be
able to tell which line a call comes in on.

Oh well, it isn't going to get heavy use, but sometimes plugging in an ATA
isn't always possible..!

Ivor

Hi Ivor,

I have been playing with this 'Skype' Desk phone - the manufacturer has
a driver for it that makes it play nice with the X-Ten software so you
can have the 'look and feel' of a proper VoIP desk phone for about £19 -
only neg points are no Message Waiting Indicator on the phone and the
'*' and '#' keys don't work with asterisk feature codes but do work OK
during calls:

Phone:

http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/101480/rb/19544911874
(darn - just gone out of stock)

Softwa
http://www.yealink.com/en/otherdown.asp

L3K
Old June 3rd 06, 12:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

It happens that linker3000 formulated :
Ivor Jones wrote:
"Graham" wrote in message

[...]

An unusual claim "with no monthly fees and no BT line required"

Old June 9th 06, 02:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Martin²

Anyone knows where to get X-Pro update ?
Mine is an old version.
Regards,
Martin