bt will not remove dacs

Old June 2nd 06, 09:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default bt will not remove dacs

Have moved 20 yards after swapping houses with son keeping same phone
number.

Had broadband in old house through wanadoo.They got confused over move
and closed my account.

New house and another line to our premises are on a dacs line

Applyed for tiscali broadband a couple of months ago.
Saw BT man in yard one day who was working out how to take dacs off
line.
Did not seem keen to swap the lines over, Son does not want bb

Think they will need to bring a new wire about half a mile

Message from tiscali today saying BT will not upgrade line.

Do I have any appeal routes or other options

TIA

David B

Old June 2nd 06, 09:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sparks

wrote in message
oups.com...
Have moved 20 yards after swapping houses with son keeping same phone
number.

Had broadband in old house through wanadoo.They got confused over move
and closed my account.

New house and another line to our premises are on a dacs line

Applyed for tiscali broadband a couple of months ago.
Saw BT man in yard one day who was working out how to take dacs off
line.
Did not seem keen to swap the lines over, Son does not want bb

Think they will need to bring a new wire about half a mile

Message from tiscali today saying BT will not upgrade line.

Do I have any appeal routes or other options

Get Broadband at your son's house, then setup a wireless connection?

Sparks...

Old June 2nd 06, 10:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jono

used his keyboard to write :
Have moved 20 yards after swapping houses with son keeping same phone
number.

Had broadband in old house through wanadoo.They got confused over move
and closed my account.

New house and another line to our premises are on a dacs line

Applyed for tiscali broadband a couple of months ago.
Saw BT man in yard one day who was working out how to take dacs off
line.
Did not seem keen to swap the lines over, Son does not want bb

Think they will need to bring a new wire about half a mile

Message from tiscali today saying BT will not upgrade line.

Do I have any appeal routes or other options

TIA

David B

Apply for a new line at your property & make sure they don't DACS it
from another line (tell them it's for broadband use when you place the
order.)

Make sure they take the 2nd line from the same cluster at the exchange
that the 1st line is on by telling them you will want to swap the
numbers round, so you want the new line to be in the same number range
as your old line.

Once number swapped to new line and old line is ceased, place a
broadband order.

You could try a simultaneous provision of new line & broadband,
however, you could run in to trouble if you then try changing the ADSL
number.

Obviously, none of the above is without cost.........new line install
circa 100, renumber 30ish.

Old June 2nd 06, 10:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jono

Sparks presented the following explanation :
wrote in message
oups.com...
Have moved 20 yards after swapping houses with son keeping same phone
number.

Had broadband in old house through wanadoo.They got confused over move
and closed my account.

New house and another line to our premises are on a dacs line

Applyed for tiscali broadband a couple of months ago.
Saw BT man in yard one day who was working out how to take dacs off
line.
Did not seem keen to swap the lines over, Son does not want bb

Think they will need to bring a new wire about half a mile

Message from tiscali today saying BT will not upgrade line.

Do I have any appeal routes or other options

Get Broadband at your son's house, then setup a wireless connection?

Sparks...

sheesh. simple, really!

Old June 2nd 06, 11:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joe Lee

wrote in message
oups.com...
Have moved 20 yards after swapping houses with son keeping same phone
number.

Had broadband in old house through wanadoo.They got confused over move
and closed my account.

New house and another line to our premises are on a dacs line

Applyed for tiscali broadband a couple of months ago.
Saw BT man in yard one day who was working out how to take dacs off
line.
Did not seem keen to swap the lines over, Son does not want bb

Think they will need to bring a new wire about half a mile

Message from tiscali today saying BT will not upgrade line.

Do I have any appeal routes or other options

TIA

David B

According to this site BT will not remove it if they estimate the cost to
them to be more than 800.
http://www.adslguide.org.uk/qanda.asp?faq=technical

I wonder whther the decision would be influenced if you ordered BB off BT

Joe Lee .

Old June 3rd 06, 05:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
jim

On Fri, 02 Jun 2006 22:10:17 +0100, Jono
wrote:

snip

Do I have any appeal routes or other options

TIA

David B

Apply for a new line at your property & make sure they don't DACS it
from another line (tell them it's for broadband use when you place the
order.)

Make sure they take the 2nd line from the same cluster at the exchange
that the 1st line is on by telling them you will want to swap the
numbers round, so you want the new line to be in the same number range
as your old line.

It doesnt matter what cluster it is on for analog lines - clusters
only come into the equation for swapping / changing numbers on digital
services ie isdn 2 / 30

jim
Old June 3rd 06, 06:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jono

jim brought next idea :
On Fri, 02 Jun 2006 22:10:17 +0100, Jono
wrote:

snip

Do I have any appeal routes or other options

TIA

David B

Apply for a new line at your property & make sure they don't DACS it
from another line (tell them it's for broadband use when you place the
order.)

Make sure they take the 2nd line from the same cluster at the exchange
that the 1st line is on by telling them you will want to swap the
numbers round, so you want the new line to be in the same number range
as your old line.

It doesnt matter what cluster it is on for analog lines - clusters
only come into the equation for swapping / changing numbers on digital
services ie isdn 2 / 30

jim

Fair enough. It obviously matters annalogue to ISDN too.

I have also seen properties served by two different exchanges for two
different lines.

Old June 3rd 06, 10:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
jim

On Sat, 03 Jun 2006 18:33:06 +0100, Jono
wrote:

jim brought next idea :
On Fri, 02 Jun 2006 22:10:17 +0100, Jono
wrote:

snip

[...]

Jono - yes, the exchange cluster needs to be the same if analog
numbers are being ported over to become msn's or ddi's on existing
isdn cirucuits - and on your second point, analog is nearly always
served by the closest exchange but isdn may be served from a different
exchange if the local exchange is not equipped for the service

jim
Old June 3rd 06, 11:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Cummings

In message , jim
writes

analog is nearly always served by the closest exchange but isdn may be
served from a different exchange if the local exchange is not equipped
for the service

There are exchanges that can't do ISDN ?
--
Ian Cummings
Old June 4th 06, 08:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ronnie

On Sat, 3 Jun 2006 23:56:25 +0100, Ian Cummings
wrote:

There are exchanges that can't do ISDN ?
--

UXD5

AIUI a CMUX (an E1 driven terminal mux with ISDN channel cards) is
colocated at the UXD5 location, and provides ISDN service into the
local loop. The CMUX is parented on another exchange. A side effect
is that these ISDN customers in the UXD5 area have a number from a
different range - the range of the CMUX's serving exchange, often some
distance away.

best wishes,
Ron