Wireless network bridge

Old June 3rd 06, 09:12 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
linker3000

Default Wireless network bridge

Mat wrote:
I need to setup a wireless network bridge between two offices, approx
175m apart - they have line of sight and also have handy masts already
position right next to the offices with lighting on for the yard.

So, I need to bridge the gap - what do I use? We do already use standard
wireless access points which dont get anywhere near it.

So, would I use two wireless access points in bridging mode? ... The
aerial is what im not sure about - we'd need an aerial cable run of
approx 10-20m with directional aerials pointing at each other on the
masts???

or are there external grade/waterproof directional bridges?

CPC have waterproof external aerials but their site is down until Sunday
for maint!

www.cpc.co.uk