Source of RJ10 (not RJ11) extension leads or connectors

Old June 3rd 06, 08:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom
linker3000

Default Source of RJ10 (not RJ11) extension leads or connectors

Hi folks,

I am trying to interface a Voice Active headset to a Safecom SDSIP-5000
phone (with headset socket) but it looks like the wiring needs some
tweaking so I am looking for a UK source of RJ10 (not RJ11) leads and
connectors so I can make up an adaptor - the ideal solution would be an
extension lead so I can re-use the cable-mounted socket with a short
cable tail and crimp on a new connector, or just make up two plug/socket
tails and solder them together.

I have RJ11 male-maie and male-female leads aplenty from old modems and
routers etc., but RJ10 seems to be a bit aloof - anyone?

Thanks
Old June 3rd 06, 09:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom
Colin Forrester

linker3000 wrote:

I am trying to interface a Voice Active headset to a Safecom SDSIP-5000
phone (with headset socket) but it looks like the wiring needs some
tweaking so I am looking for a UK source of RJ10 (not RJ11) leads and
connectors so I can make up an adaptor - the ideal solution would be an
extension lead so I can re-use the cable-mounted socket with a short
cable tail and crimp on a new connector, or just make up two plug/socket
tails and solder them together.

I have RJ11 male-maie and male-female leads aplenty from old modems and
routers etc., but RJ10 seems to be a bit aloof - anyone?

Maplin appear to sell RJ10 (4P4C) plugs (page 781 of current cat / code
JW42V) and the associated crimp tool.
Old June 3rd 06, 10:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom
linker3000

Colin Forrester wrote:
linker3000 wrote:

I am trying to interface a Voice Active headset to a Safecom
SDSIP-5000 phone (with headset socket) but it looks like the wiring
needs some tweaking so I am looking for a UK source of RJ10 (not RJ11)
leads and connectors so I can make up an adaptor - the ideal solution
would be an extension lead so I can re-use the cable-mounted socket
with a short cable tail and crimp on a new connector, or just make up
two plug/socket tails and solder them together.

I have RJ11 male-maie and male-female leads aplenty from old modems
and routers etc., but RJ10 seems to be a bit aloof - anyone?

Maplin appear to sell RJ10 (4P4C) plugs (page 781 of current cat / code
JW42V) and the associated crimp tool.

Yep, it's the sockets I can't seem to get. Thanks.

Old June 3rd 06, 10:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom
Martin Sylvester

"linker3000" wrote in message

Yep, it's the sockets I can't seem to get. Thanks.

Could you use a plug-to-plug cord and a coupler? See
http://tinyurl.com/fut6u

Martin.

--
The call warning file -- play it to unwanted telemarketers.
http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~syl/callwarning/

Old June 3rd 06, 01:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom
Thomas Kenyon

Martin Sylvester wrote:
"linker3000" wrote in message

Yep, it's the sockets I can't seem to get. Thanks.

Could you use a plug-to-plug cord and a coupler? See
http://tinyurl.com/fut6u

Martin.

p1174/1175 in the CPC catalogue have a lot of them, although they are
all pcb-mount types, I don't think I've ever seen any other kind.
Old June 3rd 06, 04:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom
linker3000

Martin Sylvester wrote:
"linker3000" wrote in message

Yep, it's the sockets I can't seem to get. Thanks.

Could you use a plug-to-plug cord and a coupler? See
http://tinyurl.com/fut6u

Martin.

Thanks - I have tried an RJ11 coupler and the RJ10 fits, albeit it's a
little loose - that's my fall-back plan
Old June 3rd 06, 04:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom
linker3000

Thomas Kenyon wrote:
Martin Sylvester wrote:
"linker3000" wrote in message

Yep, it's the sockets I can't seem to get. Thanks.

Could you use a plug-to-plug cord and a coupler? See
http://tinyurl.com/fut6u

Martin.

p1174/1175 in the CPC catalogue have a lot of them, although they are
all pcb-mount types, I don't think I've ever seen any other kind.

Yep, seen those - trying to avoid having to use a bit of veroboard or
make up a PCB.