VOIP Loudspeaker and Microphone

Old June 3rd 06, 10:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Wedell

Default VOIP Loudspeaker and Microphone

I'm looking for a piece of VOIP kit that connects directly to a standard
cable router and has a louspeaker and microphone which is sensitive enough
to pick up conversation within a room, without the need for somebody to talk
directly into a handset or be near the microphone. Kind of like hands free
kit....? I would want it to be a permanent connection without the need to
dial it up or ring in, if you know what I mean.

--
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem.

Old June 3rd 06, 11:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Wedell wrote on 03/06/2006 :
I'm looking for a piece of VOIP kit that connects directly to a standard
cable router and has a louspeaker and microphone which is sensitive enough to
pick up conversation within a room, without the need for somebody to talk
directly into a handset or be near the microphone. Kind of like hands free
kit....? I would want it to be a permanent connection without the need to
dial it up or ring in, if you know what I mean.

What, like a bug or listening device?

Old June 3rd 06, 04:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Wedell

I'm looking for a piece of VOIP kit that connects directly to a standard
cable router and has a louspeaker and microphone which is sensitive
enough to pick up conversation within a room, without the need for
somebody to talk directly into a handset or be near the microphone. Kind
of like hands free kit....? I would want it to be a permanent connection
without the need to dial it up or ring in, if you know what I mean.

What, like a bug or listening device?

Suppose if that's what you want to call it - bit of background info may of
helped. I've set up an IP camera in my folks home so I can see them and
they can see me (via my own IP camera) on their laptop - it all works by
them just turning on the laptop and I've set up there start menu so IE
automatically loads on my IP camera server page. Now I want to be able to
talk and listen to them and them me, but without having to use a normal
telephone or using a dial-up VOIP service. Thought the best thing would be
to have a microphone and loudspeaker system at each end which is directly
connected to router and which means they don't have to do anyting
complicated to hear/talk to me. Hope that all makes sense.

Old June 3rd 06, 09:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
fred

"Wedell" wrote in message
[...]

What about the US Robotics Speakerphone?
http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/sto... category_oid=
Fred

Old June 5th 06, 04:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Les George

Try the Jabra SP500 bluetooth speakerphone (used this one & its good) or
thePama Plug N Go 8 bluetooth hands free speakerphone (haven't tried this
one)