Max DSL - What a laugh !

Old June 4th 06, 01:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
www.amstereoradio.info

Default Max DSL - What a laugh !

While many other countries are steaming ahead with adsl 2 and common speeds
like 24mbps we are luckly if we have an ISP who has 'upgraded' to Max DSL.
If I call my ISP fast4 all I keep being told is 'in a few weeks' 2 months
later !!

Be internet has lot the plot also, now thier customer services is in India

The UK in the backwater of technology again :-(

Old June 4th 06, 01:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Sun, 4 Jun 2006 12:10:12 UTC, "www.amstereoradio.info"
wrote:

While many other countries are steaming ahead with adsl 2 and common speeds
like 24mbps we are luckly if we have an ISP who has 'upgraded' to Max DSL.
If I call my ISP fast4 all I keep being told is 'in a few weeks' 2 months
later !!

No, you've just opted to go for a cheap ISP.

YGWYPF.

euthanasia recommended. ]
Old June 4th 06, 02:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Taylor

On 2006-06-04, www.amstereoradio.info wrote:
While many other countries are steaming ahead with adsl 2 and common speeds
like 24mbps we are luckly if we have an ISP who has 'upgraded' to Max DSL.
If I call my ISP fast4 all I keep being told is 'in a few weeks' 2 months
later !!

It's entirely your fault for using a crap ISP. There are many ISPs
in the UK which support Max DSL, and it is easy to find one. If you
decide to stick with one which doesn't, there is no luck involved.

Be internet has lot the plot also, now thier customer services is in India

The UK in the backwater of technology again :-(

Not quite.

--
David Taylor
Old June 4th 06, 02:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Sun, 4 Jun 2006 13:23:57 UTC, phoenix
wrote:

While many other countries are steaming ahead with adsl 2 and common speeds
like 24mbps we are luckly if we have an ISP who has 'upgraded' to Max DSL.

Yes, and it's cheaper. :-)) For that speed it costs 30/month here in
France including free calls to many European countries (plus the USA) and
TV down the ADSL line (100 channels) as well.

Agreed, but the downside is all those French people...!

euthanasia recommended. ]
Old June 4th 06, 03:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NoNeedToKnow

On 4 Jun 2006, "www.amstereoradio.info" wrote:

we are luckly if we have an ISP who has 'upgraded' to Max DSL.

Lots of customers of lots of ISPs are getting service. If you go look at a
few "news" sites you might see that some ISPs are ensuring that all customers
are regraded to DSL Max (though perhaps in the case of Entanet it was a little
bit premature, as they have been waiting for a new BT Central and everyone is
complaining because they had to force traffic limits on users, too!)

If I call my ISP fast4 all I keep being told is 'in a few weeks' 2 months
later !!

How long have you been with them? Do they have the same 30 quid "golden
exit" fee if you want to switch ISP, like V21?

Looks like you may be waiting a while, though it is still going to be months
for everyone (who wants it), at every ISP, to get changed to DSL Max, so you
should not feel too bad about it!

Swapping ISP was an easy way for me to jump even the "queue jumpers" waiting
for it... Lots of people have no urgency (especially if they are on some
limited quota account, giving them just 2 or 3 GB a month) to get faster
access, and it seems there could be a number of ISPs that won't bother
offering DSL Max for a few months yet, until they realise they are losing
customers because of TV ads for Wanadoo/Orange and other ISPs that make it
a "standard" speed and anything less will be seen as old hat.

Old June 4th 06, 05:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mel

"www.amstereoradio.info" wrote in message ...
While many other countries are steaming ahead with adsl 2 and common speeds
like 24mbps we are luckly if we have an ISP who has 'upgraded' to Max DSL.
If I call my ISP fast4 all I keep being told is 'in a few weeks' 2 months
later !!

Be internet has lot the plot also, now thier customer services is in India

The UK in the backwater of technology again :-(

Im sorry to say, you made a poor choice of ISP.

If you are out of the 1 year minimum contract, consider it a good
opportunity to change ISP.

I would suggest cancelling with V21, rather than migrating. V21
and their VISPs, such as Fast4 charge a fee of 30 to issue you
with a Migration code so cancelling and signing up with a better
ISP offering ADSLmax + free activation would usually be the
cheapest option.

Also, If you opt to upgrading your V21 service, I believe they will
tie you into to a new 12 month contract.

Try the forums at www.adslguide.org for ISP recommendations.

Old June 4th 06, 08:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
7

wrote:

While many other countries are steaming ahead with adsl 2 and common
speeds like 24mbps we are luckly if we have an ISP who has 'upgraded' to
Max DSL.
If I call my ISP fast4 all I keep being told is 'in a few weeks' 2
months later !!

No, you've just opted to go for a cheap ISP.

YGWYPF.

Yup and we get you to asstroturf on behalf of BT$.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!

Old June 4th 06, 09:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Sun, 4 Jun 2006 19:55:21 UTC, 7
wrote:

Agreed, but the downside is all those French people...!

It still doesn't excuse you from being a paid asstroturfer working for BT$.

Oh God, he's back.

Newcomers, see below.

euthanasia recommended. ]
Old June 4th 06, 10:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"www.amstereoradio.info" wrote in message
Be internet has lot the plot also, now thier customer services is in India

The vast majority of Be Broadband's customer services and tech support has
been in India since Day 1.

However, they recently announced some changes:

"Call centre for home members: It is with great excitement that we can
finally announce the opening of our new member service centre. Over the last
few months we've been listening to your feedback and have therefore made the
decision to move our call centre to Sofia in Bulgaria.

Our new member service agents are currently undergoing a two month selection
and training process. The service will be fully transferred by July and our
new agents will be joined on site during the launch phase by senior Be
technicians to ensure a smooth transition."

[Will have to wait and see, but I think I may have preferred the Indian
one (All depends on the training they are gven etc)]

They also announced:

"Call centre for office members: We have listened to your feedback and we
are very pleased to announce that your needs will be serviced from our new
London based service centre during office hours. We are also steadily
expanding our highly experienced London member services team and are in the
process of recruiting more third line engineers to further enhance your call
centre experience."

Regards
Sunil

Old June 4th 06, 11:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
www.amstereoradio.info

wrote:

While many other countries are steaming ahead with adsl 2 and common
speeds
like 24mbps we are luckly if we have an ISP who has 'upgraded' to Max
DSL.

Yes, and it's cheaper. :-)) For that speed it costs 30/month here in
France including free calls to many European countries (plus the USA) and
TV down the ADSL line (100 channels) as well.

Wow, not that IS progress on a grand scale, tres bein indeed !