When will faster speeds be available

Old June 4th 06, 04:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul

Default When will faster speeds be available

i can currently get 2mb maximum on my bt line

i am from preston,lancashire

post code

PR2 3EW

does anyone know when i will be able to get 8mb from like bulldog etc????

Old June 4th 06, 05:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SJP

"Paul" wrote in message
. uk...
i can currently get 2mb maximum on my bt line

i am from preston,lancashire

post code

PR2 3EW

does anyone know when i will be able to get 8mb from like bulldog etc????

Which isp you with? You post headers suggest Blueyonder?

Old June 4th 06, 05:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tx2

Paul wrote:

does anyone know when i will be able to get 8mb from like bulldog etc

Not an entirely good idea, posting your postal code, not with the many
nutters wandering round we seem to have these days......

Anyway, see http://www.samknows.com/broadband/ex...hp?ecode=LCFUL
for a bit more info on your exchange.

Old June 4th 06, 07:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gizmo

"Paul" wrote in message
. uk...
i can currently get 2mb maximum on my bt line

i am from preston,lancashire

post code

PR2 3EW

does anyone know when i will be able to get 8mb from like bulldog etc????

You're posting via Blueyonder, so you can get up to 10Mb

If you're on someone elses Blueyonder connection, NTL:Telewest (Blueyonder)
cover that postcode.

Old June 4th 06, 10:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PhilT

Paul wrote:
i can currently get 2mb maximum on my bt line

not with MaxDSL you'll get more.

www.bt.com/broadband checker gives a clue, but a better idea is to put
your current line stats into http://www.dslzoneuk.net/maxspeed.php

Phil

Old June 5th 06, 08:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PhilT

Bobby wrote:
Good link. What is ADSL max? Cheers.

an "up to 8M" rate adapting ADSL service from BT Wholesale, retailed by
Plusnet, Nildram, AOL, BT Broadband etc etc

Phil