How come...

Old June 5th 06, 05:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Xeonwales

Default How come...

Acording to the BT web-site:

Your exchange is ADSL enabled, and our initial test on your line
indicates that your line should be able to have an ADSL broadband
service that provides a line rate up to 1Mbps. However due to the
length of your line the 1Mbps service may require an engineer visit who
will, where possible, supply the broadband service.

Our test also indicates that your line should be able to support a
potential ADSL Max broadband line rate of 3Mbps or greater.

Yet BOTH of my nextdoor neighbours (one to the left, one to the right)
get this:

Your exchange is ADSL enabled, and our initial test on your line
indicates that your line should be able to have an ADSL broadband
service that provides a line rate up to 2Mbps.

Our test also indicates that your line should be able to support a
p§otential ADSL Max broadband line rate of 5Mbps up to 8Mbps.

Why cant i get the 2mb??

Old June 5th 06, 05:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ABC

"Xeonwales" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

---
Could be that your neighbours lines are of better quality, or they have a
more direct route to the exchange compared to your line.

Old June 5th 06, 05:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SoWeezy

Yet BOTH of my nextdoor neighbours (one to the left, one to the right)
get this:

Your exchange is ADSL enabled, and our initial test on your line
indicates that your line should be able to have an ADSL broadband
service that provides a line rate up to 2Mbps.

Our test also indicates that your line should be able to support a
p§otential ADSL Max broadband line rate of 5Mbps up to 8Mbps.

Why cant i get the 2mb??

I get a similar result, BT recon I can only get 512kbps yet a friend, who
lives 1/2 mile further up the street and away from the exchange, can
potentially get 1mbps

I'm on ADSLmax and get between 1mb and 1.8mb, yet the router indicates that
it's connected at anywhere between 2.6 and 3.4mb