No light on wireless card

Old June 5th 06, 06:21 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

Default No light on wireless card

I bought a wireless router, and that works fine when cabled to desktop
PC's. I want to connect a laptop using a wireless card. That's ok for
cable but the wireless card never has any LED lit up. Surely the card
should light up.

I tried another with the same result.

XP on all machines.

Colin
Old June 5th 06, 08:00 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Martyn

What make is Colin, sounds like you need to go thru the routers set up pages
to configure it.

--
Martyn

*** STRESS - The condition brought about by having to resist the temptation
to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.

Old June 6th 06, 04:49 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

On Mon, 5 Jun 2006 20:00:12 +0100, "Martyn"
martyn.rowland(at)REMOVETHISBITbtopenworld.com wrote:

What make is Colin, sounds like you need to go thru the routers set up pages
to configure it.

It's actually at a friend's house and he's phoned to say that the
light came on when they pushed it all the way home. Mind you, I'll
probably have to follow your advice anyway.

Best wishes

Colin