Asterisk @ Home / Trixbox Dial Rules

Old June 5th 06, 06:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

Default Asterisk @ Home / Trixbox Dial Rules

Hi!

I have my dial rules sending things out in the international format at
the moment, and its fine, i understand how to add and remove prefixes.
But i don't understand how to and and remove prefixes for same call on
same rule.

If i dial 14102081234567 i want asterisk to send 14100442091234567

So it needs to move 1st 0, and add 1410044

Any help appreciated

Old June 5th 06, 08:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Kenyon

Sean wrote:
Hi!

I have my dial rules sending things out in the international format at
the moment, and its fine, i understand how to add and remove prefixes.
But i don't understand how to and and remove prefixes for same call on
same rule.

If i dial 14102081234567 i want asterisk to send 14100442091234567

So it needs to move 1st 0, and add 1410044

Any help appreciated

So, something like:

exten = _1410[1-2].,1,Dial(SIP/1410044${EXTEN:4}@outgoingprovider,60,r)

It sounds unusual having a provider wanting this format dialcode, but
hey it's not for me to say what they do.

Old June 5th 06, 08:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

After serious thinking Sean wrote :
Hi!

I have my dial rules sending things out in the international format at the
moment, and its fine, i understand how to add and remove prefixes. But i
don't understand how to and and remove prefixes for same call on same rule.

If i dial 14102081234567 i want asterisk to send 14100442091234567

So it needs to move 1st 0, and add 1410044

Any help appreciated

Is this something that's changed between aah & txbx?

Are you still on aah?

Create an outbound route like:

1410|X.

Then in your trunk dial rules:

1410044+X.

Old June 5th 06, 10:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

Jono wrote:
After serious thinking Sean wrote :
Hi!

I have my dial rules sending things out in the international format at
the moment, and its fine, i understand how to add and remove prefixes.
But i don't understand how to and and remove prefixes for same call on
same rule.

If i dial 14102081234567 i want asterisk to send 14100442091234567

So it needs to move 1st 0, and add 1410044

Any help appreciated

Is this something that's changed between aah & txbx?

Are you still on aah?

Create an outbound route like:

1410|X.

Then in your trunk dial rules:

1410044+X.

Still on AAH yes, and what you suggested is no good, because normal
calls need to be send out with international format but without the 141.
The 141 is to simply request my provider does not send my CLI on a call
by call basis.

I tweaked what i was given by Thomas to the following, and it's working
great!

Thank you!

Using:

exten =
_1410[125789].,1,Dial(Local/1410044${EXTEN:4}@outbound-allroutes,60,r)

Old June 5th 06, 11:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Sean brought next idea :
Jono wrote:
[...]

What do you mean, "no good"? No good? works for me indignant look

I tweaked what i was given by Thomas to the following, and it's working
great!

Jolly good.

Thank you!

Using:

exten =
_1410[125789].,1,Dial(Local/1410044${EXTEN:4}@outbound-allroutes,60,r)

Which provider allows you to withhold your number in this manner, yet
requires the full international code?

:')

Old June 6th 06, 09:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

Jono wrote:

What do you mean, "no good"? No good? works for me indignant look

Well, it just does not work when you also have in 0|. also in there

Which provider allows you to withhold your number in this manner, yet
requires the full international code?

:')

blueface
Old June 6th 06, 06:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Sean used his keyboard to write :
Jono wrote:

What do you mean, "no good"? No good? works for me indignant look

Well, it just does not work when you also have in 0|. also in there

You are sort of correct & Thomas' suggestion would indeed work better.
It's the trunk where it fails, not the outbound route - 1410|. & 0|.
are both different - how would the trunk know to add 0 or 1410? I got
round that one before I was "in the know" like you are now, by simply
creating a duplicate trunk which the 1410|. route points to.

Which provider allows you to withhold your number in this manner, yet
requires the full international code?

:')

blueface

That the Irish one? Perhaps that explains the odd dialplan ducks

Old June 6th 06, 07:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

Jono wrote:

You are sort of correct & Thomas' suggestion would indeed work better.
It's the trunk where it fails, not the outbound route - 1410|. & 0|. are
both different - how would the trunk know to add 0 or 1410? I got round
that one before I was "in the know" like you are now, by simply creating
a duplicate trunk which the 1410|. route points to.

Yeah this was my problem, so dialing 141 done absolutely nothing! Just
connected call as usual.. sending number

That the Irish one? Perhaps that explains the odd dialplan ducks

Yes its the Irish one! What odd dial plan? :P
Old June 6th 06, 07:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Sean explained on 06/06/2006 :
Jono wrote:

You are sort of correct & Thomas' suggestion would indeed work better. It's
the trunk where it fails, not the outbound route - 1410|. & 0|. are both
different - how would the trunk know to add 0 or 1410? I got round that one
before I was "in the know" like you are now, by simply creating a duplicate
trunk which the 1410|. route points to.

Yeah this was my problem, so dialing 141 done absolutely nothing! Just
connected call as usual.. sending number

So, in my "withheld trunk" I had a dial rule 1410+X.

That the Irish one? Perhaps that explains the odd dialplan ducks

Yes its the Irish one! What odd dial plan? :P

The one that Thomas refered to with "It sounds unusual having a