How do you like these apples!?

Old June 6th 06, 02:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default How do you like these apples!?

Placed an order for BB with Zen last weekend. BT line was installed the
Thursday before.
Get an email from Zen saying they cannot proceed with my order as there
is an imcompatible product on the line. I ring BT. BT tell me that they
cannot provide BB on my line because we are signed up to their "Light
User" tarrif! Have had to switch to BT Option 1 (more money to BT) just
to get BB...

Old June 6th 06, 03:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Simpsons

wrote in message
oups.com...
Placed an order for BB with Zen last weekend. BT line was installed the
Thursday before.
Get an email from Zen saying they cannot proceed with my order as there
is an imcompatible product on the line. I ring BT. BT tell me that they
cannot provide BB on my line because we are signed up to their "Light
User" tarrif! Have had to switch to BT Option 1 (more money to BT) just
to get BB...

Don`t know about apples but it seems you want to keep your cake and eat it.

Old June 6th 06, 04:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kim

wrote in message
oups.com...
Placed an order for BB with Zen last weekend. BT line was installed the
Thursday before.
Get an email from Zen saying they cannot proceed with my order as there
is an imcompatible product on the line. I ring BT. BT tell me that they
cannot provide BB on my line because we are signed up to their "Light
User" tarrif! Have had to switch to BT Option 1 (more money to BT) just
to get BB...

Yes but you now get off-peak calls for 5p an hour )

(kim)

Old June 6th 06, 04:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

The Simpsons wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Placed an order for BB with Zen last weekend. BT line was installed the
Thursday before.
Get an email from Zen saying they cannot proceed with my order as there
is an imcompatible product on the line. I ring BT. BT tell me that they
cannot provide BB on my line because we are signed up to their "Light
User" tarrif! Have had to switch to BT Option 1 (more money to BT) just
to get BB...

Don`t know about apples but it seems you want to keep your cake and eat it.

No. I just resent having to more pay money to BT...

Old June 6th 06, 05:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

kim wrote:
Yes but you now get off-peak calls for 5p an hour )

(kim)

Aaah. The small mercies viewpoint :-)

Old June 6th 06, 06:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter

On Tue, 6 Jun 2006 15:22:42 +0100, "Peter Crosland"

Placed an order for BB with Zen last weekend. BT line was installed
the Thursday before.
Get an email from Zen saying they cannot proceed with my order as
there is an imcompatible product on the line. I ring BT. BT tell me
that they cannot provide BB on my line because we are signed up to
their "Light User" tarrif! Have had to switch to BT Option 1 (more
money to BT) just to get BB...

The light user tariff is specifically excludes BB on it because it is
intended to be for those on very low incomes.

Surely the Light User tariff is exactly what it says, light user of
the phone, low volume of outgoing calls - I think BT would have
something of a problem restricting the tariff to those people on "low"
incomes - whatever that may be - is that a low gross income, a low
nett income or a low disposable income?
--
Peter

please remove the invalid to reply
Old June 6th 06, 06:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Tue, 6 Jun 2006 17:01:30 UTC, Peter
wrote:

The light user tariff is specifically excludes BB on it because it is
intended to be for those on very low incomes.

Surely the Light User tariff is exactly what it says, light user of
the phone, low volume of outgoing calls - I think BT would have
something of a problem restricting the tariff to those people on "low"
incomes - whatever that may be - is that a low gross income, a low
nett income or a low disposable income?

No, it's restricted to use just as the sole phone provision. Their rules
(already posted as a URL) state that you can't do anything else on the
line if you have LUS. They don't need to assess your income.

Perfectly fair; LUS is *subsidised* by BT; the income may not cover the
cost of line provision. You can hardly expect BT to give you money,
effectively, and then use another provider, or even ADSL.

Face it, you've got away with it in the past, but the game is up.
http://www.broadbandbanter.com