Anyone else see that Ntl are laying Cable in Lowestoft?

Old June 7th 06, 11:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Meggahurtz

Default Anyone else see that Ntl are laying Cable in Lowestoft?

Was watching the news last night (Anglia)and people are moaning about the
roadworks, basically NTL and water util company are laying but what struck
me was the bit about NTL laying cable.

I know the backbone was laid to Lowestoft years ago by BCM (Bell Cable
Media) but never got branched off, so maybe NTL are considering cabling more
areas..

I`m in Yarmouth so already have cable but even so only half of Yarmouth was
finished.

Old June 8th 06, 09:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Chapman

Meggahurtz wrote:

Was watching the news last night (Anglia)and people are moaning about
the roadworks, basically NTL and water util company are laying but
what struck me was the bit about NTL laying cable.

I know the backbone was laid to Lowestoft years ago by BCM (Bell
Cable Media) but never got branched off, so maybe NTL are considering
cabling more areas..

I`m in Yarmouth so already have cable but even so only half of
Yarmouth was finished.

Does anyone know what NTL/Telewest's policy is on new cable?

I used to live in Didcot, which also was only partly cabled. It struck
me as odd that NTl never bothered to finish the job, especially as it
is one of the major areas of housing development in the area and would
seem to be a good prospect for sales.

Does NTL/Telewest see it as not cost-effective to lay any further cable
and just rely on increasing take-up in the areas they already have done?

Old June 8th 06, 10:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tim Clark

In article ,
"Andrew Chapman" writes:
Meggahurtz wrote:

[...]

NTL Telewest might see it as cost-effective, but the big problem they've
got is persuading someone to lend them the money to do it. As separate
companies they got into their financial plight by borrowing huge sums
with very long pay back periods to cable up most the UK. My guess is
that financial institutions are not exactly rushing to lend them money
so they can complete various half-completed areas and new developments.

--
Tim Clark

Old June 8th 06, 06:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Anton Gijsen

Meggahurtz wrote:
Was watching the news last night (Anglia)and people are moaning about the
roadworks, basically NTL and water util company are laying but what struck
me was the bit about NTL laying cable.

I know the backbone was laid to Lowestoft years ago by BCM (Bell Cable
Media) but never got branched off, so maybe NTL are considering cabling more
areas..

I`m in Yarmouth so already have cable but even so only half of Yarmouth was
finished.

I really don't see many new areas being cabled, what with ADSL and Sky
being so widespread. I live in a non-cabled area and half the houses on
my road have a satellite dishes. I'd like to be proved wrong, though.
Old June 12th 06, 05:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tommy_boi

Meggahurtz escreveu:

Was watching the news last night (Anglia)and people are moaning about the
roadworks, basically NTL and water util company are laying but what struck
me was the bit about NTL laying cable.

I know the backbone was laid to Lowestoft years ago by BCM (Bell Cable
Media) but never got branched off, so maybe NTL are considering cabling more
areas..

I`m in Yarmouth so already have cable but even so only half of Yarmouth was
finished.

I live in Lowestoft and would like to know what you mean by the
backbone was laid in Lowestoft years ago by BCM, what do you mean by
this, does this mean that some of Lowestoft has cable laid already in
the streets.?

Cheers

Old June 13th 06, 01:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rob S

On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 22:44:12 +0100, Lissy wrote:

-I live in Lowestoft and would like to know what you mean by the
-backbone was laid in Lowestoft years ago by BCM, what do you mean by
-this, does this mean that some of Lowestoft has cable laid already in
-the streets.?
-
-Cheers
-
-I guess you live in Lowestoft

lol. I thought my next key was broken I was hitting it that hard...

-Rob
robatwork at mail dot com