simple two line business solution needed

Old June 7th 06, 11:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Neil Jarman

Default simple two line business solution needed

Hi,

I need a eimple 2 line, 4 - 6 phone solution.

What can anyone suggest?

Presently have two analog lines plus fax and Broadband.

Should we go with BT's new hosted system or get own stuff?

reagrds,

ENIL

Old June 7th 06, 01:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PhilT

Neil Jarman wrote:

I need a eimple 2 line, 4 - 6 phone solution.
What can anyone suggest?

http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop...ProductID=2869 plus
some IP phones perhaps ?

Presently have two analog lines plus fax and Broadband.
Should we go with BT's new hosted system or get own stuff?

do you specifically want VoIP lines or landlines ? uk.telecom for the
latter.

Phil

Old June 7th 06, 02:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Neil Jarman

Hi Phil,

Not sure what I want - is it best to stick to landlines or go for VOIP
lines? If latter, do I need third party service to privide this?

I have no experience with telephones, just computers.

BT has tried to sell their hosted system, but required a 3 year contract.
Also quite happy with current ISP.

NEIL

"PhilT" wrote in message
oups.com...

Old June 7th 06, 10:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PhilT

Neil Jarman wrote:

Not sure what I want - is it best to stick to landlines or go for VOIP
lines? If latter, do I need third party service to privide this?

you'll need a service provider for incoming numbers from the PSTN,
outgoing calls etc. http://www.gradwell.net/voip/ would be a place to
start.

I have no experience with telephones, just computers.
BT has tried to sell their hosted system, but required a 3 year contract.
Also quite happy with current ISP.

if its an ADSL ISP you'll be keeping one analogue phone line anyway,
which is also handy for emergencies etc.

You have the choice of using a VoIP PABX with an analogue line card and
VoIP phones, or a classic small office PSTN PABX type system with one
or more VoIP lines feeding into it as well as the analogue lines, or
some sort of 3rd party "virtual PABX".

Phil

Old June 8th 06, 09:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

www.voiplex.co.uk - Give these guys a call, they may be able to help.

Old June 8th 06, 10:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On 7 Jun 2006 23:25:18 -0700, wrote:

Get yourself a BT revelation PABX , very cheap, a 2+6 config

No upgrade space there. I'd suggest a 3 x 8 PABX from Orchid
Electronics instead. Cheaper and probably better.
Old June 14th 06, 04:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Neil Jarman

Thanks for all your answers

Havwe posted another question now...