Unlimited BB plus GigaNews accesss?

Old June 7th 06, 03:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kim

Default Unlimited BB plus GigaNews accesss?

In the unfortunate event of Carphone Warehouse making a successful bid for
AOL, can anyone suggest an ISP which is both genuinely unlimited and is
bundled with GigaNews? TIA

(kim)

Old June 7th 06, 04:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

kim wrote:
In the unfortunate event of Carphone Warehouse making a successful bid for
AOL, can anyone suggest an ISP which is both genuinely unlimited and is
bundled with GigaNews? TIA

(kim)

No such beast. Wish there was :-)
I doubt if any ISP offering such a bundle would be able to sustain the
severe leeching such a package would cause.

Old June 7th 06, 04:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 7 Jun 2006, "kim" wrote:

can anyone suggest an ISP which is both genuinely unlimited and is
bundled with GigaNews?

Well, not that many will be offering unlimited use of GigaNews, so I
would suggest you either start your search from the "unlimited ISP",
and see what options you have for binary news services (as an extra
fee, if necessary), or start with "give Giganews access" and narrow
down the list of ISPs that way.

I have not seen any lists of ISPs also showing any Usenet services
(internal or external) which are being offered, and even if you do
find an ISP today offering GigaNews, they might switch next week,
next month, or next year, so perhaps better of buying in access
yourself, from whichever news services you want. I saw one that
offers 2 GB/day for US $6/month and someone recommended an account
at $14.95 /month with unlimited downloading, but sorry, I am unable
to recall the company name at the moment. Let us know if you find
what you're after, but in the meantime, good luck in your quest!
Old June 7th 06, 08:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nicola Redwood

"kim" wrote in message
In the unfortunate event of Carphone Warehouse making a successful bid for
AOL, can anyone suggest an ISP which is both genuinely unlimited and is
bundled with GigaNews? TIA

(kim)

BT Business BB Single
http://www.btbroadbandoffice.com/broadband/single

BT have their own news server with a GigaNews feed - they are bandwidth
limited though, but do carry the full compliment of groups

Old June 8th 06, 06:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 16:49:56 +0100, poster
wrote:

someone recommended an account
at $14.95 /month with unlimited downloading, but sorry, I am unable
to recall the company name at the moment.

Astraweb? They are pretty good.

HTH

Namsan
Old June 8th 06, 06:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
binsforme

poster wrote in
news
On 7 Jun 2006, "kim" wrote:

[...]

I've been quite happy with my news provider (nntpjunkie.com), and they
offer an unlimited account ($14.95/month), as well as a metered account
option (30GB - $9.95/month).

You can connect with a newsreader or their web interface (newsgroup
search, automatic binary decoding, etc.), and I've been impressed with
their completeness and server speeds.