Bulldog Bail Out.!!!

Old June 8th 06, 11:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Bulldog Bail Out.!!!

From the 1/7/2006 your no longer be able to sign up for Bulldog if your
a residential or sme customer.They say existing customers will not be
affected.

See: http://www.bulldogbroadband.com/resi...icles/vash.asp

"From 1 July 2006, Bulldog will:

Offer a wholesale product to major broadband service providers.
Discussions with a number of potential customers for this wholesale
service are ongoing;

Cease any further proactive sales, marketing or advertising activities
to acquire new residential and small business customers;

Continue as a retail brand for existing customers with ongoing customer
care and launch of new innovative services. "

Old June 8th 06, 11:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

WOOPS the link should have been

http://www.bulldogbroadband.com/resi...icles/vash.asp

Old June 8th 06, 11:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eros

wrote in message
oups.com...
From the 1/7/2006 your no longer be able to sign up for Bulldog if your

a residential or sme customer.They say existing customers will not be
affected.

See: http://www.bulldogbroadband.com/resi...icles/vash.asp

(The system cannot find the file specified.)

Old June 8th 06, 11:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Eros wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
From the 1/7/2006 your no longer be able to sign up for Bulldog if your

a residential or sme customer.They say existing customers will not be
affected.

See: http://www.bulldogbroadband.com/resi...icles/vash.asp

(The system cannot find the file specified.)

See my post above.

http://www.bulldogbroadband.com/resi...icles/vash.asp

Old June 8th 06, 11:31 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris French

In message , Eros
writes
wrote in message
roups.com...
From the 1/7/2006 your no longer be able to sign up for Bulldog if your

a residential or sme customer.They say existing customers will not be
affected.

See: http://www.bulldogbroadband.com/resi...icles/vash.asp

(The system cannot find the file specified.)

Well, if that was the url you tired not surprising. The one given worked
fien for me.
--
Chris French, Leeds
Old June 9th 06, 11:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
congokid

In article , Chris French
writes
In message , Eros
writes
wrote in message
groups.com...
From the 1/7/2006 your no longer be able to sign up for Bulldog if your
a residential or sme customer.They say existing customers will not be
affected.

See: http://www.bulldogbroadband.com/resi...icles/vash.asp

(The system cannot find the file specified.)

Well, if that was the url you tired not surprising. The one given
worked fien for me.

Can anyone provide personal experiences with Bulldog? Their reps have
been doorstepping round my area (south west London) and I'm intrigued.
I'm also looking for an opportunity to pay less - currently I'm with
Demon and I also pay a hefty amount to BT every month.

Or is there a better offer out there than Bulldog?

--
congokid
Eating out in London? Read my tips...
Old June 9th 06, 12:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony Hogarty

On Fri, 09 Jun 2006 11:23:10 +0100, congokid wrote:

Or is there a better offer out there than Bulldog?

Given their reputation I would think every offer out there is a better
offer than Bulldg.

--
Regards
Tony

Old June 9th 06, 01:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 9 Jun 2006, congokid wrote:

Can anyone provide personal experiences with Bulldog? Their reps have
been doorstepping round my area (south west London) and I'm intrigued.

A friend has been with them for over 15 months (he was initially on the
2 Mpbs off-peak service, but a year or so ago switched to using their
8 Mbps service with included phone calls, and has no complaints now,
though there was initially a problem with some voice-one-way calls.

I'm also looking for an opportunity to pay less - currently I'm with
Demon and I also pay a hefty amount to BT every month.

Why a "hefty amount" ? If you are on anything above BT Together Option 1
then a different choice of phone package might be enough without using a
different ISP, and it depends what you want from your internet link, too,
as Demon offers various packages including dynamic IP...

Or is there a better offer out there than Bulldog?

Depends what precisely you are after (types and quantity of traffic)
Old June 9th 06, 09:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flyer

"congokid" wrote in message

Can anyone provide personal experiences with Bulldog? Their reps have been
doorstepping round my area (south west London) and I'm intrigued. I'm also
looking for an opportunity to pay less - currently I'm with Demon and I
also pay a hefty amount to BT every month.

Or is there a better offer out there than Bulldog?

I've been on Bulldog "upto 8meg" since August last year. Am around 1Km from
exchange, started out with around 6.5-7 megs, last 4/5 months get around
5-5.5 megs.
Did have minor issues with billing originally, took 2/3 months to resolve,
other than that, it's been ok. They are currently offering upto 16meg, with
existing customers having to pay more 5 more than new starters for the
upgrade, so notexactly into loyalty rewarding ;-)
Am currently ceasing the connection, have no real need for it anyway, and I
think it's a little more expensive than some other offers out there.

as they say, Your Milage May Vary ;-)

P.