Bulldog bolts

Old June 9th 06, 08:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joe

Default Bulldog bolts

"Peace in our time."

Bulldog gives up on residential customers as it moves to supply wholesale
products to ISP's. Existing customers will still be looked after by Bulldog
but no further residential customers will be take from 1st July 2006.

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/ar...216523,00.html

http://www.cw.com/docs/about_us/inve..._Broadband.pdf

Joe

Old June 9th 06, 12:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton

Already a thread on this, but strong evidence that their offering and
behaviour was so poor that potential customers were turned off even before
C&W's aggressive sell.

Old June 10th 06, 11:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nicholas Thomas

R. Mark Clayton wrote:
Already a thread on this, but strong evidence that their offering and
behaviour was so poor that potential customers were turned off even

before
C&W's aggressive sell.

Just a thought... maybe this is a sort of final advertising ploy? People
will be thinking "oh my god, if I want bulldog I'm going to have to get
them *now*"?

Perhaps them just trying to squeeze out a few more customers before they
do what they were going to do anyway...

xF,

....Nick
Old June 10th 06, 12:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
GateKeeper

"Nicholas Thomas" wrote in message
Just a thought... maybe this is a sort of final advertising ploy? People
will be thinking "oh my god, if I want bulldog I'm going to have to get
them *now*"?

Perhaps them just trying to squeeze out a few more customers before they
do what they were going to do anyway...

Don't think so... I have bulldog on my other line as ell as a pipex
connection on my BT line, they sent a letter to me saying that BD are no
longer accepting new signups... I think with the TalkTalk BB doing free BB,
they've lost all their customers they've not signed up fully... ?

Old June 10th 06, 02:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter

On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 11:56:47 +0100, Nicholas Thomas
wrote:

Just a thought... maybe this is a sort of final advertising ploy? People
will be thinking "oh my god, if I want bulldog I'm going to have to get
them *now*"?

I'm happy that their announcement isn't a marketing ploy, however, I
have just registered to have Bulldog as my ISP and obtained a MAC code
from Plusnet.
--
Peter

please remove the invalid to reply
Old June 10th 06, 04:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 10 Jun 2006, Peter wrote:

... I have just registered to have Bulldog as my ISP ...

FWIW, if this 01/07 deadline wasn't the case, I'd use them for my second
line (Bulldog has been "in town" for over a year, and there are no cable
or other LLU services here, at present). Peter M.
Old June 11th 06, 11:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter

On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 16:43:06 +0100, poster
wrote:

On 10 Jun 2006, Peter wrote:

... I have just registered to have Bulldog as my ISP ...

FWIW, if this 01/07 deadline wasn't the case, I'd use them for my second
line (Bulldog has been "in town" for over a year, and there are no cable
or other LLU services here, at present). Peter M.

So why not take Bulldog as your second line? You have nearly 3 weeks
before the deadline.

I'm not sure iBulldog won't take new customers on after 01/07 if they
knock on the door even though they've stopped marketing - their
announcemant is a little ambiguous.