DECT system query

Old June 9th 06, 09:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Burgess

Default DECT system query

Novice question, for which I apologise -
Does the base station of a DECT system have to be placed on the master
socket of a landline, or can it be connected to a hard-wired extension of
that landline?
Many thanks.
JB

Old June 9th 06, 09:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Frazer Jolly Goodfellow

"John Burgess" wrote in
:

Novice question, for which I apologise -

Novice questions are OK, but this one is also off-topic: *broadband*

Does the base station of a DECT system have to be placed on the
master socket of a landline

No, any working socket will do.
Old June 9th 06, 09:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Davies

John Burgess wrote:
Does the base station of a DECT system have to be placed on the master
socket of a landline, or can it be connected to a hard-wired extension
of that landline?

Not entirely sure what this has got to do with broadband...?

A DECT base unit can be plugged into any phone socket, not just the
master; it's just a (fancy) phone. If you're using ADSL (hey, maybe
that's why you're asking here rather than in uk.telecom) you must ensure
there's a filter between the DECT base unit and the hard-wired phone line.

Chris
Old June 10th 06, 10:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Burgess

Thanks for the reponse, sorry about posting on wrong group - finger
trouble................. Parkinson's I afraid.