More Plusnet ADSL strangeness.....

Old June 9th 06, 05:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adrian Brentnall

Default More Plusnet ADSL strangeness.....

HI All

Following on from the events of a couple of weeks ago when Plusnet's
'upgrade' destroyed my ADSL......

......they've been fiddling with it again.

Yesterday I was getting downstream speeds of about 1100 and up of 200
or so.

This morning the router had lost sync, and took a couple of reboots to
get back up & running.

Stats show SNR down @ 5.3, up @ 15.0
and ATTN down 55.1 and up of 31.5

but the really odd thing is that my upload speeds have increased to
448 - but the download has dropped to 384....

Is this something I shold be worried about ?
Does it indicate that something's about to collapse - should I be
worried....

Adrian
======return email munged=================
take out the papers and the trash to reply
Old June 9th 06, 05:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gel

Google for
mtu tweaking

may help.

Old June 9th 06, 11:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adrian Brentnall

Hi Gel

On 9 Jun 2006 09:42:54 -0700, "Gel"
wrote:

Google for
mtu tweaking

may help.

Adrian Brentnall wrote:
HI All

Following on from the events of a couple of weeks ago when Plusnet's
'upgrade' destroyed my ADSL......

.....they've been fiddling with it again.

Yesterday I was getting downstream speeds of about 1100 and up of 200
or so.

This morning the router had lost sync, and took a couple of reboots to
get back up & running.

Stats show SNR down @ 5.3, up @ 15.0
and ATTN down 55.1 and up of 31.5

but the really odd thing is that my upload speeds have increased to
448 - but the download has dropped to 384....

Is this something I shold be worried about ?
Does it indicate that something's about to collapse - should I be
worried....

Adrian
======return email munged=================
take out the papers and the trash to reply

Thanks for the suggestion....

in the mean time the router just dropped out & retrained - upstream
speed is now down to 160k !!

progress ? - NOT !

Wonder what tomorrow will bring ???

Regards
Old June 9th 06, 11:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

Adrian Brentnall wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion....

in the mean time the router just dropped out & retrained - upstream
speed is now down to 160k !!

progress ? - NOT !

Wonder what tomorrow will bring ???

Mine just retrained to 448 up & down so I just rebooted the router &
the downstream came back up to 4416. I'm just trying to find out why
my encapsulation has changed to LLC/SNAP.

Not to worried as this is my first day, yes Mr K is having to go thru
all those doubts & worries which he has been dealing with for other
end users in his daily battle. Now I know that will put a smirk or
two on a few posters faces out there..

Only another 13 days to go, got to remember to reboot everyday, mind
you I've got to catch up on my reading & have got a few DVD's to watch
so I've got plenty to do while it sorts itself out..... ;-(

Old June 10th 06, 03:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adrian Brentnall

Hi km

On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 08:02:53 +0100, km wrote:

On Fri, 09 Jun 2006 17:10:38 +0100, Adrian Brentnall adrian-the
papers and the wrote:

HI All

Following on from the events of a couple of weeks ago when Plusnet's
'upgrade' destroyed my ADSL......

.....they've been fiddling with it again.

Presumably you were being upgraded to 8mb as part of their general
upgrade procedure. Did Plusnet let you know that the upgrade was
imminent?

Did they hell !!
er - no g

I had an e-mail some time ago saying the upgrade would take place
"over the coming months" and that I would see speeds vary. Just
wondered whether the process took place arbitrarily or do you get a
warning?

This is Plusnet we're talking about.
So far in the last three days I've seens sppeds as low as 168k
upwards, and as high as they are at the moment - a claimed 2400 from
the router. Oddly - the adslguide speedtest reports 200K up and 348k
down at the moment......

My router's needed to be rebooted at least twice daily since the adsl
max thing's been introduced - before then it was stable for months.

Thank heaven I'm off overseas soon - away from Plusnet's clutches g

Adrian
Suffolk UK - but not for long !