PLUSNET MAX

Old June 9th 06, 05:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Boomhauer

Default PLUSNET MAX

I heard I could queue jump a while back....

I went to trials.plus.net and requested this..... and heard nothing until I
emailed them...then......

Was told I couldn't have it yet due to this......

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/05/19/bt_max/ ........

I don't know where from, but I've got in my head that BT was resuming orders
from June 6th....

Now June 6th has passed I have re-requested max and have heard nothing......

Why do some people on PAYG ADSL get moved onto max and the people who pay a
monthly 'rental' have to wait (irrespective of problems - why wasn't I put
on before they discovered software problems)?

Is anybody else experiencing lack of communication from PlusNet or just me?

Old June 9th 06, 05:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gel

I note my service has improved to 3mb in last few weeks, from 1mb; I am
someway from Exchange in rural area.
Upload speed 448, so I'm pleased.

No communication from + Net on this state of affairs; I recall they
advise you when its happening, supposedly.

Old June 9th 06, 06:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Trent SC

I heard I could queue jump a while back....

I went to trials.plus.net and requested this..... and heard nothing until
I emailed them...then......

Was told I couldn't have it yet due to this......

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/05/19/bt_max/ ........

I don't know where from, but I've got in my head that BT was resuming
orders from June 6th....

Now June 6th has passed I have re-requested max and have heard
nothing......

Why do some people on PAYG ADSL get moved onto max and the people who pay
a monthly 'rental' have to wait (irrespective of problems - why wasn't I
put on before they discovered software problems)?

Is anybody else experiencing lack of communication from PlusNet or just
me?

The bulk upgrade tool has indeed been reinstated - there was a post about it
in plusnet.service.customer-feedback a few days ago. My understanding is
that a request to upgrade your connection adds you to the queue, but PN has
not given any indication of how long this queue might be.

Old June 9th 06, 08:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NoNeedToKnow

Trent SC wrote:

Dave Boomhauer wrote:

Why do some people on PAYG ADSL get moved onto max and the people who
pay a monthly 'rental' have to wait ...

if there are around 200,000 customers in total, and about 20,000 on PAYG
are ignored, do you think the remainder would be done in a week or two ?

Is anybody else experiencing lack of communication from PlusNet ...

do you read their newsgroups and view their web discussions (or look on
bbs.adslguide.org.uk - another place they use, to inform users) ?

My understanding is that a request to upgrade your connection adds you
to the queue, but PN has not given any indication of how long ...

When you get the ticket requesting a queue jump "closed" your request
has been accepted, for submission in the "standby" slots, when PN puts
in the next group of orders. They submitted ~5000 a few days ago (from
comments by a member of PN staff) and expect those to be acted on by the
middle of next week. As indicated, it will be September before most PN
orders have been completed, so quite a lot of patience will be needed.

Since the only notification regarding the "queue jump" option has been
to the minority that chose to get service notifications (or viewed web
discussions or the newsgroup) the odds are that the numbers who are
considering option to queue jump are well short of even 10%, and I
doubt every one of the 65,000+ web discussion users check regularly
so even that would not all know about the "queue jump" option.

PAYG was meant to take only a month (slightly delayed by the withdrawal
of the tool) and a number of users who were paying 29.99/39.99 should
have been switched by end of April, so they won't cause any delay.

--
DSL Max when you switch ISP http://www.dslmax.info/ 7840/448 tonight!
Old June 10th 06, 01:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

"Dave Boomhauer" wrote in message
I heard I could queue jump a while back....

I went to trials.plus.net and requested this..... and heard nothing until
I emailed them...then......

Was told I couldn't have it yet due to this......

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/05/19/bt_max/ ........

I don't know where from, but I've got in my head that BT was resuming
orders from June 6th....

I ordered from Nildram in late May and got activated on June 2nd. So much
for BT not taking orders.

Incidently my line was initially too poor for adsl. I had to wait for radsl
and then it was too poor for 1 Meg. So I expected little hoping mainly for
the upspeed improvement. When I finally got Max Adsl I was surprised to see
that I seem to be able to solidly synch at 6400kbpss and can download at
4.2mbps+.

Old June 10th 06, 04:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 10 Jun 2006, "John" wrote:

So much for BT not taking orders.

The bulk order tool *was* suspended. There was no question that individual
orders could be placed. If someone was migrating into Plus.Net that order
would also have been placed. Submitting 5,000 orders via a script each
week is far more sensible than having staff keying in the orders manually,
with much less chance of mistakes cropping up due to data entry. Peter M.
Old June 10th 06, 07:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John

"poster" wrote in message
news
On 10 Jun 2006, "John" wrote:

So much for BT not taking orders.

The bulk order tool *was* suspended. There was no question that
individual
orders could be placed. If someone was migrating into Plus.Net that order
would also have been placed. Submitting 5,000 orders via a script each
week is far more sensible than having staff keying in the orders manually,
with much less chance of mistakes cropping up due to data entry. Peter M.

Ah yes I see now.