Slowwwww connection speed during peak times!!!! TISCALI

Old June 9th 06, 11:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Slowwwww connection speed during peak times!!!! TISCALI

I Am still experiencing extremely sad download speeds during peak times
even though I have cut down on my internet usage? I had a look in the
terms and it dose say if you download a lot during peak time that you
will reduce the download speed to a min of 250kbps- I would be fine
with that during peak times but the connection dies down to 19kbps and
then bounces my connection dead so I totally lose internet connection
this happens the other day 172 times as shown in the logs. I am totally
unsatisfied with the current level of service as this is worse that I
could get with a modem and very often consides with the times I work.

I have written several times with regards these issues and would hope
to get some reply as to how you can resolve this issue. I feel that if
you are unable to supply the service that was sold to me that you
should come up with an alternative as I feel that you are selling a
product that is not up to the demands of the modern p.c user.

Kind Regards

www.clubxdate.co.uk

Old June 10th 06, 03:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joe Lee

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Hi Peter,

Unfortunately all our agents are busy at the moment.
Suggest you try uk.telecom.broadband.

--
Joe Lee
Team Leader.

Old June 10th 06, 10:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Invisible Man

Joe Lee wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

When I complained to Tiscali
They suggested I reinstall windows
They said there was work down the road and all would be OK in 4 hours
They transferred me to more queues or to departments that had closed for
the day.
It eventually took letters to the chief exec (then Mary Turner) to get
my line back.
Go and find yourself a proper service provider - NOT TalkTalk.
Look at the ratings and forums at ADSLGuide.
Old June 10th 06, 12:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On 10-Jun-2006, The Invisible Man wrote:

I Am still experiencing extremely sad download speeds during peak times
even though I have cut down on my internet usage?

Tiscali may not be the problem, there may be slow speeds and traffic
shaping anywhere in the network, you can't download faster than
the slowest link.
My experience has been that when both the UK and the USA are
asleep, that is, during the early hours of the morning, up to around
7:30 am, P2P traffic belts along, then it drops to a crawl.
I suspect that a lot of d/l's are seeded in the States, and that
USA ISP's also traffic shape.
Try your pathping command to see what is happening.
There are a number of diagnostic tools available to find where
the bottle necks are, and some display the results graphically.
Complaining does no good unless you can back up your claims.
Old June 10th 06, 01:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
gort

My experience has been that when both the UK and the USA are
asleep, that is, during the early hours of the morning, up to around
7:30 am, P2P traffic belts along, then it drops to a crawl.
I suspect that a lot of d/l's are seeded in the States, and that
USA ISP's also traffic shape.

It has always been like that. As the interent was born in the USA most of
it is stateside. You could always get fair speeds in the UK upto about 1pm
and then speeds dropped as the states came on line. Certainly
affects/affected the web in that way.

DAve
Old June 12th 06, 09:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dudley

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Can you supply you UI customer code please and ill have a look and see if i
can help ?