TalkTalk hell continues

Old June 10th 06, 08:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

Default TalkTalk hell continues

My Aunt is still having problems getting a service from TalkTalk.
Just to recap, she started a service with them but then had to move house.
They did the moving thing, talktalk sorted out the line for calls and said
the broadband would be one week later. This was a few months ago and still
no broadband. In the meantime talktalk are still taking the monthly charge
for broadband and she has no service.
It has just been another billing date and talktalk have sent her a letter
that broadband will now start on the next billing date one month from now.
If they will not provide broadband until one month, what would happen if she
signed up with another isp? will there be problems with mac numbers and
things? I have a feeling her landline will be locked onto talktalk and she
would not even be able to go to a new isp.
They are utter *******s.

Old June 10th 06, 10:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian C

"Beck" wrote in message
My Aunt is still having problems getting a service from TalkTalk.

Tell her to call them then. TalkTalk and your Aunt are the only people that
can sort it out between them. No one on this group can do a thing unless
you post all your Aunt's personal and account details and go to her home to
call on her behalf. We only have your side anyway and as you're not
directly involved you might not have been given all the facts or relayed
them correctly and accurately.

Old June 10th 06, 10:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Ian C" wrote in message

"Beck" wrote in message
My Aunt is still having problems getting a service from TalkTalk.

Tell her to call them then. TalkTalk and your Aunt are the only people
that can sort it out between them. No one on this group can do a thing
unless you post all your Aunt's personal and account details and go to her
home to call on her behalf. We only have your side anyway and as you're
not directly involved you might not have been given all the facts or
relayed them correctly and accurately.

She has tried calling them many times and even gone into the local store but
to no avail.
I know full well nobody here can deal with the account, I am looking for
advice on how to deal with talktalk because they have put up barriers left
right and centre and are extremely difficult to talk to.

Old June 10th 06, 10:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Invisible Man

Ian C wrote:
"Beck" wrote in message
My Aunt is still having problems getting a service from TalkTalk.

Tell her to call them then. TalkTalk and your Aunt are the only people that
can sort it out between them. No one on this group can do a thing unless
you post all your Aunt's personal and account details and go to her home to
call on her behalf. We only have your side anyway and as you're not
directly involved you might not have been given all the facts or relayed
them correctly and accurately.

In my experience it is impossible to deal with TalkTalk. Carphone
Warehouse used to be absolutely brilliant but now they are a complete
nightmare. Customer service is non existent and letters to the chief
executive do not even get acknowledged. They are a disgrace to Britain.
Old June 11th 06, 12:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
fred

"Beck" wrote in message

"Ian C" wrote in message

"Beck" wrote in message
My Aunt is still having problems getting a service from TalkTalk.

Tell her to call them then. TalkTalk and your Aunt are the only people
that can sort it out between them. No one on this group can do a thing
unless you post all your Aunt's personal and account details and go to
her home to call on her behalf. We only have your side anyway and as
you're not directly involved you might not have been given all the facts
or relayed them correctly and accurately.

She has tried calling them many times and even gone into the local store
but to no avail.
I know full well nobody here can deal with the account, I am looking for
advice on how to deal with talktalk because they have put up barriers left
right and centre and are extremely difficult to talk to.

Have you contacted your local Trading Standards about this matter? They are
usually pretty good at resolving issues in my experience.
Fred.

Old June 11th 06, 12:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joe Lee

"Ian C" wrote in message

"Beck" wrote in message
My Aunt is still having problems getting a service from TalkTalk.

Tell her to call them then. TalkTalk and your Aunt are the only people
that can sort it out between them. No one on this group can do a thing
unless you post all your Aunt's personal and account details and go to her
home to call on her behalf. We only have your side anyway and as you're
not directly involved you might not have been given all the facts or
relayed them correctly and accurately.

He's asking for advice which is the purpose of this n/g. If they were
looking for someone to sit in judgement they'd probably go to a Court.

Joe Lee

Old June 11th 06, 01:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joe Lee

"Beck" wrote in message
My Aunt is still having problems getting a service from TalkTalk.
Just to recap, she started a service with them but then had to move house.
They did the moving thing, talktalk sorted out the line for calls and said
the broadband would be one week later. This was a few months ago and
still no broadband. In the meantime talktalk are still taking the
monthly charge for broadband and she has no service.
It has just been another billing date and talktalk have sent her a letter
that broadband will now start on the next billing date one month from now.
If they will not provide broadband until one month, what would happen if
she signed up with another isp? will there be problems with mac numbers
and things? I have a feeling her landline will be locked onto talktalk
and she would not even be able to go to a new isp.
They are utter *******s.

if you/she's decided enough is enough you'll need to ask for a MAC code. You
won't know whether there's going to be any problems getting it until you/she
asks for one,

Depending upon how long ago she signed up to this 'service' TT may want to
impose a charge for early release from the minimum Contract period, but they
are almost certainly in breach of Contract themselves. What was the minimum
length of Contract your Aunt signed up for & how long ago was that ?

Joe Lee

Old June 11th 06, 01:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"fred" wrote in message
.uk...

"Beck" wrote in message

"Ian C" wrote in message

"Beck" wrote in message
[...]

Damn I forgot about them. Thanks for the reminder.

Old June 11th 06, 02:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Joe Lee" [email protected] wrote in message

if you/she's decided enough is enough you'll need to ask for a MAC code.
You won't know whether there's going to be any problems getting it until
you/she asks for one,

I think the problem is that talktalk have taken over the line for voice
calls aswell so might be a problem with an isp as its not a BT line?

Depending upon how long ago she signed up to this 'service' TT may want to
impose a charge for early release from the minimum Contract period, but
they are almost certainly in breach of Contract themselves. What was the
minimum length of Contract your Aunt signed up for & how long ago was that
?

I am sure they are in breach of contract (service not fit for purpose) and
possibly fraud because they have been taking payment with no zero service.
However they are tricky buggers to deal with and after emails and phonecalls
to them we are now stumped on how to proceed. I have given my Aunt the
number for OFCOM, she can ring them on Monday maybe they can advise further.
Around about November was when she signed up but I have a feeling they tied
her to a new year contract 3 months ago when she moved house. Then when she
moved, they persuaded her to pay 20 upgrade fee whilst moving to get the
free broadband and since then there has been sod all. They took the 20,
continued to bill but provided no service.
My advice to her (whether good or bad) was to just call it quits, get a new
BT line and new adsl and tell TT to **** off. But naturally she does not
want to end up with letters demanding money and so on. Very offputting for
her all of this as she only just bought her first computer at the same time
so really has only had a couple of months use.

Old June 11th 06, 03:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joe Lee

"Beck" wrote in message

"Joe Lee" [email protected] wrote in message

if you/she's decided enough is enough you'll need to ask for a MAC code.
You won't know whether there's going to be any problems getting it until
you/she asks for one,

I think the problem is that talktalk have taken over the line for voice
calls aswell so might be a problem with an isp as its not a BT line?

Then you'll need to do a 'cease & provide'. Use whatever method they
stipulate & give them notice to cease provision of the broadband service
(yes there is a certain irony there but you have to get them to relinquish
control of the ADSL circuit)', that being your notice of cancellation of the
Contract.

Depending upon how long ago she signed up to this 'service' TT may want
to impose a charge for early release from the minimum Contract period,
but they are almost certainly in breach of Contract themselves. What was
the minimum length of Contract your Aunt signed up for & how long ago was
that ?

I am sure they are in breach of contract (service not fit for purpose) and
possibly fraud because they have been taking payment with no zero service.
However they are tricky buggers to deal with and after emails and
phonecalls to them we are now stumped on how to proceed.

See above.

I have given my Aunt the
number for OFCOM, she can ring them on Monday maybe they can advise
further.

See what they suggest but AIUI they will not take any formal action until
you have first complained to whichever of the two bodies (can't remember
their acronyms offhand) TT are signed up with as a conciliation service.

Around about November was when she signed up but I have a feeling they
tied her to a new year contract 3 months ago when she moved house. Then
when she moved, they persuaded her to pay 20 upgrade fee whilst moving to
get the free broadband and since then there has been sod all. They took
the 20, continued to bill but provided no service.
My advice to her (whether good or bad) was to just call it quits, get a
new BT line and new adsl and tell TT to **** off. But naturally she does
not want to end up with letters demanding money and so on. Very
offputting for her all of this as she only just bought her first computer
at the same time so really has only had a couple of months use.

I know the feeling. I've got a relative who has been on dial-up for a couple
of years. They bought a new PC in April & were looking forward to getting a
BB connection. They phoned a couple of ISP's & asked for some info. to be
sent through the Post. One of them supplies their phone service (not TT) &
actually set up a BB connection without any authorisation. They've never
used the connection & are still trying to get it released.

Joe Lee