Plusnet email probs?

Old June 11th 06, 10:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter

Default Plusnet email probs?

Anyone else having difficulty accessing emails via Plusnet. I can't
access them either through Thunderbird or Webmail.

--
Peter

please remove the invalid to reply
Old June 11th 06, 10:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MikeB (Look At End Of Message For Real Address)

On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 10:39:03 +0100, Peter
wrote:

Anyone else having difficulty accessing emails via Plusnet. I can't
access them either through Thunderbird or Webmail.

Yup, exactly the same here and also no webstats being generated since
08/06/06. Support not acknowledging a problem tho. Posted a similar
thread a couple of mins before this one appeared. Mucho deja vu and
all that

--
Mike
email: mikeb at twowheels dot plus dot com
Old June 11th 06, 10:47 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian Smeaton

Peter wrote:
Anyone else having difficulty accessing emails via Plusnet. I can't
access them either through Thunderbird or Webmail.

Yup, mine doesn't work either at present.

Ian
Old June 11th 06, 11:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NoNeedToKnow

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewforum.php?f=2
or http://usergroup.plus.net/forum/ are worth checking!

Old June 11th 06, 12:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Peter" wrote in message
Anyone else having difficulty accessing emails via Plusnet. I can't
access them either through Thunderbird or Webmail.

Yep no email here either.

Old June 11th 06, 04:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Peter" wrote in message
Anyone else having difficulty accessing emails via Plusnet. I can't
access them either through Thunderbird or Webmail.

Seems okay now?

Old June 11th 06, 06:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MikeB (Look At End Of Message For Real Address)

On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 16:49:29 +0100, "Beck"
wrote:

Seems okay now?

Hmmmm, just lucky or a bit premature for any form of celebration,
perhaps, as it certainly isn't OK right now

@ 17:32 Plusnet announce "The problem with POP3 email and webmail has
now been resolved and customers should be able to receive mail
normally."

@ 18:12 Looks just the same to me, "Connection closed unexpectedly by
server mail.plus.net" for the last 10 mins or so.

Although maybe that's just because the server is currently under
v.heavy load as it's been U/S for (presumably) a significant part of
the day ... but then again, maybe not ... who knows ! Now you see it
and now you don't. Playing peek-a-boo with the [email protected] mail server
simply isn't much fun so time to turn off auto-check for a while
methinks

Old June 11th 06, 06:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

wrote:

Seems okay now?

Hmmmm, just lucky or a bit premature for any form of celebration,
perhaps, as it certainly isn't OK right now

@ 17:32 Plusnet announce "The problem with POP3 email and webmail has
now been resolved and customers should be able to receive mail
normally."

@ 18:12 Looks just the same to me, "Connection closed unexpectedly by
server mail.plus.net" for the last 10 mins or so.

Although maybe that's just because the server is currently under
v.heavy load as it's been U/S for (presumably) a significant part of
the day ... but then again, maybe not ... who knows ! Now you see it
and now you don't. Playing peek-a-boo with the [email protected] mail server
simply isn't much fun so time to turn off auto-check for a while
methinks

MIne has been fine for several hours now.

Old June 11th 06, 07:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MikeB (Look At End Of Message For Real Address)

On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 18:34:43 +0100, "Beck"
wrote:

MIne has been fine for several hours now.

Thanx for that, I'm feeling a real bad case of mail server envy coming
on as well now ! :lol:

I'm getting a very occasional connection at the mo but by far the vast
majority of attempts to retreive pop3 mail from either Plusnet or
Force9 (main accounts or individual mailboxes) result in the
connection timing out or more often being intentionally dropped by the
server. No probs whatsoever with other servers, just the Plusnet/F9
ones. Wait and see how it goes tomorrow I guess.