Plusnet webstats and pop3 mail server probs ?

Old June 11th 06, 10:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MikeB (Look At End Of Message For Real Address)

Default Plusnet webstats and pop3 mail server probs ?

Sorry for polluting this NG with (yet another) Plusnet issue with no
appropriate response from Support type problem but anyone else
experiencing probs at the mo ?

I reported a problem of webstats not being generated since 08/06/06
yesterday morning, asking the simple question: is there (yet another)
problem with webstat generation ? Ticket waiting time allegedly ~2
hours but no response until this morning. No answer to the direct
question, no announcements in the meantime, just a comment that the
problem has been "escalated" followed later by a comment that "I have
updated your webstats." However, no real surprise that the logfiles
right now are exactly the same as they were on the 8th June

I now also note that there is now a persistent problem with pop3 mail
server timeouts and/or connections being unexpectedly closed

I am therefore experiencing a feeling of much deja vu and all that !
Another PN meltdown in progress and Support ignoring and/or not
letting on or just some weirdo problem with my connection ?

--
Mike

--
Mike
email: mikeb at twowheels dot plus dot com
Old June 11th 06, 11:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

MikeB (Look At End Of Message For Real Address) wrote:
[...]

There's deffinitely a problem with POP3 at the present moment, whether
it is down to a melt down (they've had to unplug the server so they
power a fan ;-) ) or whether it's something to do with them moving
theire servers from their old hq to the their new premises is
anybodies guess....

Old June 12th 06, 10:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MikeB (Look At End Of Message For Real Address)

On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 11:12:55 +0100, "kráftéé"
[email protected] you know what'sgoodforu.pus.com wrote:

........ or whether it's something to do with them moving
theire servers from their old hq to the their new premises is
anybodies guess....

Could well be but finally, after much to-ing and fro-ing, PN have
acknowledged that there is indeed a problem with webstats (log files
on the ftp server) although:

There is no service status posting as this issue does not appear to be
effecting a large enough section of the userbase.
We will resolve the issue as soon as possible.

Hmmmmm, now why do I get the distinct impression that this could well
be another very long wait with much frustration and ending in the
usual heated debate - not to mention lost data as there is only 7 day
archive etc. And oh boy, will there be one seriously big row if I
end up getting a B/W exceeded type e-mail because I can't monitor
usage and therefore stop the idiots who keep linking to some of my
files and photos etc. !!