My broadband

Old June 11th 06, 04:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Leveled

Default My broadband

My broadband (Plusnet) keeps dropping I have Voyager 105 usb modem and am
told I am at the distance limit from the exchange . The line worked fine
from last August ,but now fails after 3 or 4 minutes but am able to
re-connect. Can anyone recommend a better modem for my situation Regards E

Old June 11th 06, 05:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SJP

"Leveled" wrote in message
My broadband (Plusnet) keeps dropping I have Voyager 105 usb modem and am
told I am at the distance limit from the exchange . The line worked fine
from last August ,but now fails after 3 or 4 minutes but am able to
re-connect. Can anyone recommend a better modem for my situation Regards

Do you have a network card/socket on your PC?

Old June 11th 06, 06:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Leveled:
"SJP" wrote in message

"Leveled" wrote in message
My broadband (Plusnet) keeps dropping I have Voyager 105 usb modem
and am told I am at the distance limit from the exchange . The
line worked fine from last August ,but now fails after 3 or 4
minutes but am able to re-connect. Can anyone recommend a better
modem for my situation Regards E

Do you have a network card/socket on your PC?

I don't think so (plenty of sockets on the back)

Have another look, many do have them.

Old June 11th 06, 08:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Leveled

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
k...
Thus spaketh Leveled:
"SJP" wrote in message

"Leveled" wrote in message
My broadband (Plusnet) keeps dropping I have Voyager 105 usb modem
and am told I am at the distance limit from the exchange . The
line worked fine from last August ,but now fails after 3 or 4
minutes but am able to re-connect. Can anyone recommend a better
modem for my situation Regards E

Do you have a network card/socket on your PC?

I don't think so (plenty of sockets on the back)

Have another look, many do have them.
What type of socket would it be??

Old June 11th 06, 08:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gaz

Leveled wrote:
"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
k...
Thus spaketh Leveled:
"SJP" wrote in message

"Leveled" wrote in message
My broadband (Plusnet) keeps dropping I have Voyager 105 usb modem
and am told I am at the distance limit from the exchange . The
line worked fine from last August ,but now fails after 3 or 4
minutes but am able to re-connect. Can anyone recommend a better
modem for my situation Regards E

Do you have a network card/socket on your PC?

I don't think so (plenty of sockets on the back)

Have another look, many do have them.
What type of socket would it be??

It would look like your regular modem socket, but about 75% bigger.

Gaz

Old June 11th 06, 10:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PeeGee

On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 20:50:37 +0100, "Gaz" wrote:

Leveled wrote:
"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
k...
Thus spaketh Leveled:
"SJP" wrote in message

"Leveled" wrote in message
My broadband (Plusnet) keeps dropping I have Voyager 105 usb modem
and am told I am at the distance limit from the exchange . The
line worked fine from last August ,but now fails after 3 or 4
minutes but am able to re-connect. Can anyone recommend a better
modem for my situation Regards E

Do you have a network card/socket on your PC?

I don't think so (plenty of sockets on the back)

Have another look, many do have them.
What type of socket would it be??

It would look like your regular modem socket, but about 75% bigger.

Gaz

I think that's inverted - 33% wider (8p8 vs 6p2) - though probably
closer to 25% if allowing for the plastic sides.

PeeGee
--
The reply address is a spam trap. If you need to reply directly, put the UK where it should be - first.
Old June 11th 06, 10:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joe Lee

"Leveled" wrote in message

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
k...
Thus spaketh Leveled:

http://support.morehouse.edu/rj45-hole.jpg&imgrefurl=http://support.morehouse.edu/network.html&h=160&w=220&sz=6&tbnid=4O9q5yS4OTiUiM :&tbnh=74&tbnw=102&hl=en&start=10&prev=/images%3Fq%3DEthernet%2BPlug%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3De n%26lr%3D

Old June 11th 06, 11:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joe Lee

Oops... try this

http://support.morehouse.edu/whatis/#Router

Old June 12th 06, 03:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 11 Jun 2006, Kleaver wrote:

http://www.ukoffer.com/bulldog-broad...FRNsQwodkHJNqQ

or just http://www.ukoffer.com/bulldog-broadband.php will work !

Might have been a nice idea to point out the text on that page:

" Choose any broadband option and you'll be able to choose a free wireless
modem. Note that the promotion applies to all broadband options, on both
8 and 16 meg, but only if you order by June 15th 2006."

Of course it might be possible to get the same deal direct from Bulldog
using http://www.bulldogbroadband.com/ - and I would recommend visiting
that site anyway, to be sure the information you see is completely up-to-
date, given the plan for Bulldog/C+W to cut its sales and marketing staff
by 150, and withdraw from direct sales... Indeed, once you've read their
customer announcement (and as the OP may have a contract period to run so
may be unable to switch right now) it could be better to wait and see who
of the ISPs comes to an arrangement with them and sells service... That's
assuming Bulldog even serves the location where the OP lives, of course!

http://www.bulldogbroadband.com/residential/announcement/index.asp