What Codec For Best Quality Audio?

Old June 12th 06, 12:16 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil

Default What Codec For Best Quality Audio?

I have just set up my Zoom X5V with Sipgate works great now I've added an
ADSL filter between it and the phone as it wasn't ringing on incoming calls
at first. Anyway I was wondering what codec to use to obtain the best
quality audio. I have a choice of G.711u, G729 and G7.11a.
Thanks in advance.

Old June 12th 06, 12:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Phil" wrote in message

I have just set up my Zoom X5V with Sipgate works great
now I've added an ADSL filter between it and the phone as
it wasn't ringing on incoming calls at first. Anyway I
was wondering what codec to use to obtain the best
quality audio. I have a choice of G.711u, G729 and
G7.11a. Thanks in advance.

In order, G711a, G711u (although there's not a lot to choose between them)
and G729.

For tests please feel free to call my speaking clock on 1431320 (020 7043
1320). Note that due to firmware limitations it will cut off after 30
seconds, nothing I can do about it, sorry..!

Ivor

Old June 12th 06, 01:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message
In order, G711a, G711u (although there's not a lot to choose between

them)
and G729.

For tests please feel free to call my speaking clock on 1431320 (020 7043
1320). Note that due to firmware limitations it will cut off after 30
seconds, nothing I can do about it, sorry..!

Ivor

Hi Ivor, many thanks for the info, I've set up my router with the codecs in
that order. Thanks for the speaking clock worked well. Good on ya for
setting it up.

Old June 12th 06, 09:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

For tests please feel free to call my speaking clock on 1431320 (020 7043
1320). Note that due to firmware limitations it will cut off after 30
seconds, nothing I can do about it, sorry..!

Ivor

Ms Simmons is sounding in good form today Ivor!

I would say about 6dB louder than last time I tried.

Is it my imagination, or have you tweaked her?

Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old June 13th 06, 02:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Graham." wrote in message

For tests please feel free to call my speaking clock on
1431320 (020 7043 1320). Note that due to firmware
limitations it will cut off after 30 seconds, nothing I
can do about it, sorry..! Ivor

Ms Simmons is sounding in good form today Ivor!

I would say about 6dB louder than last time I tried.

Is it my imagination, or have you tweaked her?

No, nothing changed at this end. Maybe they've been doing some tweaking at
Sipgate..?!

Ivor

codec > uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 2 March 6th 06 09:25 AM
Audio quality Theo Markettos uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 5 March 5th 06 11:06 PM
Which Codec? the hamiltons uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 1 January 21st 06 01:41 PM
OT BBC Cbeebies poor audio quality? Paul D.Smith uk.telecom.broadband (UK broadband) 3 June 1st 05 10:06 PM
Best Quality Codec For IAX2 Phil uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 2 May 23rd 05 01:00 AM