Anyone reverted to fixed rate broadband?

Old June 12th 06, 03:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Terry_P

Default Anyone reverted to fixed rate broadband?

Has anyone found MaxDSL so unstable that they have requested their ISP to
move them back to the old fixed rate service? Which ISPs have agreed to do
so? What was the outcome?

Terry_P
Old June 12th 06, 04:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Patchy The Pirate

"Terry_P" wrote in message
Has anyone found MaxDSL so unstable that they have requested their ISP to
move them back to the old fixed rate service? Which ISPs have agreed to do
so? What was the outcome?

Terry_P

I have reverted back to 2 meg broadband from what should of been 7(ish) Meg
I'm about 1200m from the exchange copper all the way to the DP, but had
nothing but bother with max. My ISP BT Yahoo and they refunded me a months
fee too.

Patchy

Old June 12th 06, 05:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Terry_P

On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 16:13:28 +0100, Patchy The Pirate wrote:

"Terry_P" wrote in message
Has anyone found MaxDSL so unstable that they have requested their ISP to
move them back to the old fixed rate service? Which ISPs have agreed to do
so? What was the outcome?

Terry_P

I have reverted back to 2 meg broadband from what should of been 7(ish) Meg
I'm about 1200m from the exchange copper all the way to the DP, but had
nothing but bother with max. My ISP BT Yahoo and they refunded me a months
fee too.

Patchy

Well done, Patchy! Is your "new" 2 mb broadband as stable and fast as it
used to be? Some ISPs are issuing dire warnings that if punters revert they
may find that speed may not be as good as it used to be, etc.

Terry_P
Old June 12th 06, 05:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Patchy The Pirate

"Terry_P" wrote in message
[...]

Nah it's as it was, my 2 Meg connection is rock solid. On the advice of a
mate who's in the Broadband team I'll try and re-grade back to MAX in 3 or 4
months.
My upto 8 meg service was terrible, getting near dial up speeds at some
points. If your having bother I would suggest reverting back to 2 Meg.

Patchy

Old June 14th 06, 08:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clangnuts

"Terry_P" wrote in message
[...]

Zen won't allow us to revert back. A solid reason I have stayed on the
unlimited, but slower 512 deal.
Clangnuts
--
http://clangnuts.blogspot.com/

Old September 10th 06, 09:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Zen won't allow us to revert back. A solid reason I have stayed on the
unlimited, but slower 512 deal.
Clangnuts
--
http://clangnuts.blogspot.com/

They will if problems cant be fixed, but like you I have stayed put on the
2Meg.