Nokia E61 and SIP/Sipgate

Old June 12th 06, 06:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.voip
John Smith

Default Nokia E61 and SIP/Sipgate

Hi,

Has anyone achieved getting a Nokia E61 to work with SIP and Sipgate (or any
other provider?)....

Any help appreciated!!!

Ta

Old June 12th 06, 07:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.voip
Jono

John Smith has brought this to us :
Hi,

Has anyone achieved getting a Nokia E61 to work with SIP and Sipgate (or any
other provider?)....

Any help appreciated!!!

Ta

Some people have it working with Asterisk

http://www.google.se/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-GB%3Aofficial_s&hl=sv&q=nokia+e60+asterisk&meta=lr %3Dlang_en%7Clang_no%7Clang_sv&btnG=Google-s%C3%B6kning

Old June 14th 06, 09:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.voip
Steven Sumpter

On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 18:13:58 +0000, John Smith wrote:

Hi,

Has anyone achieved getting a Nokia E61 to work with SIP and Sipgate (or
any other provider?)....

Any help appreciated!!!

Ta

I gave up getting VoIP on my E61 and sent it back as not fit for
the purpose sold. I can get a firmware update to do Google Talk on my
Internet Tablet soon anyway, which is better than nothing.

Steve.

Old June 16th 06, 12:37 AM
mattpark mattpark is offline
Junior Member

Location: Durham, United Kingdom
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Scott
On Mon, 12 Jun 2006, John Smith wrote:

Has anyone achieved getting a Nokia E61 to work with SIP and Sipgate (or any
other provider?)....

I have this working on an E60, which should (hopefully) be similar.

The relevant settings a

Service profile: IETF
Public user name:
Use compression: no
Use security: no

Under 'Proxy server'...
Proxy server address: sipgate.co.uk
Realm: sipgate.co.uk
User name: 1234567
Allow loose routing: yes
Transport type: UDP
Port: 5060

Under 'Registrar server'...
Registrar serv. addr: sipgate.co.uk
Realm: sipgate.co.uk
Username: 1234567
Transport type: UDP
Port: 5060

Unfortunately diagnosing problems if this doesn't work is tricky; the error
messages tend to be nonexistant or unhelpful. When first attempting to set
this up, it refused to work, but this turned out to be due in part to
problems with the wifi configuration - so make sure that's working correctly
too and you can e.g. browse web sites on your phone using the same wireless
access point.

Hope this helps.

--
Malcolm Scott
(remove "BLACKHOLE." from email address)

Sory to hijack your thread a little, but would you recomend this phone? I'm due an upgrade next month and am seriusly considering this one. I'm on o2, so i'm not sure how much they would charge me from my "free" upgrade! lol
UK Specifc VoIP Forum - http://ukvoiptalk.com
Now with new reviews secton at http://ukvoiptalk.com/reviews/