What network for 0560 number

Old June 13th 06, 08:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

Default What network for 0560 number

Is there any where I can find out which VoIP provider is using
056007xxxxx

Ofcom has issued it to Coms Ltd. Can't find anything about them, and
wouldn't appear to be a VoIP provider themselves.

Thanks,
David
Old June 13th 06, 01:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Robin Harvey

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 08:49:00 +0100, David Floyd wrote:
A friend has a number 056007xxxxx and he is with Broadband Talk from BT.
Interestingly you cannot get that number from a Telewest line - they appear to
have barred it.

Robin

Old June 13th 06, 01:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

wrote:
A friend has a number 056007xxxxx and he is with
Broadband Talk from BT. Interestingly you cannot get that
number from a Telewest line - they appear to have barred
it.

It's not that they've barred it, they probably haven't enabled it. NTL
refuse to do so altogether and with NTL and Telewest getting closer by the
minute it wouldn't surprise me if they're the same in that respect.

Ivor
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Old June 13th 06, 02:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

wrote:
A friend has a number 056007xxxxx and he is with
Broadband Talk from BT. Interestingly you cannot get that
number from a Telewest line - they appear to have barred
it.

It's not that they've barred it, they probably haven't enabled it. NTL
refuse to do so altogether and with NTL and Telewest getting closer by the
minute it wouldn't surprise me if they're the same in that respect.

Ivor

If you register as a customer with 1899 you should be able to call an
056 number for the same charge as a standard landline call - namely
3p/call. That gets round the NTL problem and gives you a cheaper call.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old June 13th 06, 02:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Brian A:

wrote:
A friend has a number 056007xxxxx and he is with
Broadband Talk from BT. Interestingly you cannot get that
number from a Telewest line - they appear to have barred
it.

It's not that they've barred it, they probably haven't enabled it.
NTL refuse to do so altogether and with NTL and Telewest getting
closer by the minute it wouldn't surprise me if they're the same in
that respect.

Ivor

If you register as a customer with 1899 you should be able to call an
056 number for the same charge as a standard landline call - namely
3p/call. That gets round the NTL problem and gives you a cheaper call.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Using 1899 from a non-BT (via 0808 number) you are charged a per minute
rate, not the 3p per call.

Old June 13th 06, 03:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
ted_radioham

I am on NTL and I can dial 0560 numbers no problem so it must be a local
thing.

Old June 13th 06, 04:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

David Floyd wrote:
Is there any where I can find out which VoIP provider is using 056007xxxxx

Ofcom has issued it to Coms Ltd. Can't find anything about them, and
wouldn't appear to be a VoIP provider themselves.

Thanks,
David

Numbers starting 0560070, 0560071, 0560072, 0560073, 0560074, 0560075
and 0560076

Operator: BT

Old June 13th 06, 06:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Moonshine

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 16:49:33 +0100, Sean
wrote:

David Floyd wrote:
Is there any where I can find out which VoIP provider is using 056007xxxxx

Ofcom has issued it to Coms Ltd. Can't find anything about them, and
wouldn't appear to be a VoIP provider themselves.

Thanks,
David

Numbers starting 0560070, 0560071, 0560072, 0560073, 0560074, 0560075
and 0560076

Operator: BT

Are other people able to dial BT BBV numbers from T-Mobile?
Old June 13th 06, 07:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
GwG

"ted_radioham" wrote in message
I am on NTL and I can dial 0560 numbers no problem so it must be a
local
thing.

A few NTL exchanges have been enabled, but NTL have stated that they are
not going to enable further exchanges.

Old June 13th 06, 07:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

Thus spaketh Brian A:

wrote:
A friend has a number 056007xxxxx and he is with
Broadband Talk from BT. Interestingly you cannot get that
number from a Telewest line - they appear to have barred
it.

It's not that they've barred it, they probably haven't enabled it.
NTL refuse to do so altogether and with NTL and Telewest getting
closer by the minute it wouldn't surprise me if they're the same in
that respect.

Ivor

If you register as a customer with 1899 you should be able to call an
056 number for the same charge as a standard landline call - namely
3p/call. That gets round the NTL problem and gives you a cheaper call.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Using 1899 from a non-BT (via 0808 number) you are charged a per minute
rate, not the 3p per call.

You are absolutely correct...sorry about that. Still cheaper than
Telewest with their 6p connection charge. Now that they have moved
away from their 'simple' pricing system (TW speak: simple=more
expensive) they have gone even more simpler for daytime calls, so,
even if 1899 do charge per minute it's nothing like the charges that
TW make.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.