Important information regarding Ace Internet

Old June 13th 06, 05:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Default Important information regarding Ace Internet

On Friday evening, our ADSL supplier, Mistral, had to take emergency steps
to reduce bandwidth usage across the network. We were informed one of the
factors in this was an increase of bandwidth usage due to the BBC World cup
streams.
The emergency steps were to place all P2P and Usenet traffic down a "virtual
pipe", with the result in increasing the contention of those services to
1/5th of normal peak usage.

Full statement: http://www.ace-internet.co.uk/adsl/statement.html

--
Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk
3p/min & 1p Texts, EasyMobile, For 5 airtime bonus contact via:

Old June 13th 06, 06:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NoNeedToKnow

On 13 Jun 2006, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote:

On Friday evening, our ADSL supplier, Mistral, had to take emergency steps
to reduce bandwidth usage across the network.

News was out hours ago. Such info is widely reported. Surely it doesn't
need a newsgroup post about each and every ISP which hits some glitch...

Some weeks ago was this follow-up (in thread on Evolution Internet):-

-------8----------------8-------------------8----------------8-------

Maybe there should be a thread "ISPs in trouble" so such news can be posted in
one thread. I had noticed a few stories about Supanet but hadn't seen many
mentions of Supanet recently... No doubt those affected will know already!

Supanet
http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.shtml
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/05/23/supanet_administration/
Evolution
http://www.adslguide.org.uk/newsarchive.asp?item=2661

NetServices / Fast24
http://users.plus.net/QL:F7F6A166 (Manchester Evening News - business)
http://www.adslguide.org.uk/newsarchive.asp?item=2656

Guy Kewney on Toucan "unlimited" (2 Mbps limit in peak hours is 1 GB, and for
lower speeds 0.75 GB. Peak: M-F 1800-2300 and W/E + bank holidays 1200-1600.)
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/05/08/unlimited_broadband_ads_dishonest/

There are probably a half dozen "news" sites which give up to date info on the
problems facing ISPs. If you use Firefox, you can open one in each tab and
save the whole lot so your "home" opens each of the different sites. How
about letting those interested bookmark/visit the sites themselves and
then there's no need to post when it is "old" news anyway (those who are
customers will usually have had some e-mail about their situation)...

Check www.adslguide.org.uk www.dslzoneuk.net www.uk-bug.net
www.ispreview.co.uk www.net4now.com www.theregister.co.uk