Netork a printer

Old June 13th 06, 09:20 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

Default Netork a printer

I have a HP laserjet 2100 witha printer server on it. I have created a
printer port on window using the printers IP address.

When the Router crashes it will give the printer a different IP address
which means all the setting are incoreect on all the PC.

I have a belkin ADSL router

How to i set it up so it does not rely on IP address as they can keep
changing

Thanks

Simon

Old June 14th 06, 04:33 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
MED

Make your router assign it the same IP address every time (called
"fixing" in some routers I've used). Or set the printer up with a static
IP.
--
Regards
Jon

You are referring to a 'reservation'. You reserve an ip address to be
allocated to the same MAC address.

Mike.