Bulldog question

Old June 13th 06, 10:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Carl

Default Bulldog question

Hello

I have been following the progress of Bulldog on my exchange for a while
now. First it was May 2006 and then July 2006 and it then changed to August
2006.

I checked today anyway just incase it got moved forward and according to Sam
knows Bulldog is now available. So I checked DSLZone and the same result on
there to.

So I decided to look at the Bulldog homepage and the checker on there. This
is what I get back

"From the information you've provided, we are unable to offer you Bulldog
services at your location. If you have a BT phone line, however, we may
still be able to provide you with some of our award-winning broadband
options - in this case please enter your phone number above and check
again."

But 2 days ago the Bulldog checker was stating service would be available
from August 31st so what's going on

My Exchange is Sutton Coldfield. Has it been cancelled or what?

Is there any other checkers I could try?

I know from July 1st I cannot order from them due to there changes but it is
still June

Sowhats going on

Cheers

Old June 13th 06, 11:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jono

Carl brought next idea :
[...]

Perhaps this
http://business.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,8213-2216523,00.html may
have something to do with it?

Old June 13th 06, 11:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 21:48:04 GMT, "Carl"
wrote:

[...]

I would be tempted to believe Sam Knows. What I suspect is that the
Bulldog search engine hasn't been updated yet.

I'm in a similiar position to you. I have been waiting for Bulldog LLU
to happen on my exchange (Neath 01639), but the change to Bulldogs
plans have caused me to apply for service from them prior to LLU - I
expect to be able to upgrade to their 8meg and phone service later.
I'm aware that LLU is in process, having seen W S Atkins pulling a C&W
cable in to the BT exchange.

If you are determined to take Bulldog service, then I suggest you
apply before the 30 June when Bulldog are apparently going to stop
taking on NEW retail subscribers, although service wil continue to be
provided for those people who are already customers.
--
Peter

please remove the invalid to reply
Old June 14th 06, 09:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Carl

"Peter" wrote in message
I would be tempted to believe Sam Knows. What I suspect is that the
Bulldog search engine hasn't been updated yet.

I'm in a similiar position to you. I have been waiting for Bulldog LLU
to happen on my exchange (Neath 01639), but the change to Bulldogs
plans have caused me to apply for service from them prior to LLU - I
expect to be able to upgrade to their 8meg and phone service later.
I'm aware that LLU is in process, having seen W S Atkins pulling a C&W
cable in to the BT exchange.

If you are determined to take Bulldog service, then I suggest you
apply before the 30 June when Bulldog are apparently going to stop
taking on NEW retail subscribers, although service wil continue to be
provided for those people who are already customers.

Well Just rang Bulldog and they say nothing is available at my exchange
within 6 months. So I have no idea what's going on

Plus home users can still order Bulldog after July 1st but only through the
website