People with asterisk...

Old June 14th 06, 03:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

Default People with asterisk...

Hi, just wondering what spec computers people on who run asterisk use

Mines currently running on a Celeron (Coppermine) CPU Speed 562.03 MHz
with 384Mb RAM.

When making an internal call, it takes around three seconds before it
processes what it needs to with AGI scripts and things before actually
starting to ring the internal extension.

I temporarily put it in my 2Ghz PC with 1.25Gb ram, and it connects
internal calls instantly!

Just wondering what others have, and how long it takes to do things like
connect internal calls..

Thank

Old June 14th 06, 05:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

It happens that Sean formulated :
Hi, just wondering what spec computers people on who run asterisk use

Mines currently running on a Celeron (Coppermine) CPU Speed 562.03 MHz with
384Mb RAM.

When making an internal call, it takes around three seconds before it
processes what it needs to with AGI scripts and things before actually
starting to ring the internal extension.

I temporarily put it in my 2Ghz PC with 1.25Gb ram, and it connects internal
calls instantly!

Just wondering what others have, and how long it takes to do things like
connect internal calls..

Thank

Via Eden CPU 800MHz, 1Gb RAM. 1 second to hear the "Ring Ring" in the
ear piece. Not sure if this is a delay in my ATA or not. (I do have
2xxS0 in the dial plan)

Interestingly, on a SIP=SIP calls using Sipgate, I hear the "Ring
Ring" as soon as the last digit is dialled.

Old June 14th 06, 07:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Cardiff IT Support Ltd

[...]

They tell me, min requirements for Asterisk and AAH are very different.

Asterisk will run on a digital watch, but AAH needs a bit more to process
all those builtin scripts.

Sounds like Sean is running AAH.

I have been running a 10 phone office on a PIII 800/256/20 for over a year
on AAH 1.2 or is it 1.5.

My name is also Sean. Hi Sean.

Old June 14th 06, 07:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

Cardiff IT Support Ltd wrote:

They tell me, min requirements for Asterisk and AAH are very different.

Asterisk will run on a digital watch, but AAH needs a bit more to process
all those builtin scripts.

Sounds like Sean is running AAH.

I have been running a 10 phone office on a PIII 800/256/20 for over a year
on AAH 1.2 or is it 1.5.

My name is also Sean. Hi Sean.

Ahh, yes i am running AAH

[email protected] version 2.7 here

Old June 14th 06, 10:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Cardiff IT Support Ltd

"David Floyd" wrote in message
In message of Wed, 14 Jun 2006, Sean writes
Cardiff IT Support Ltd wrote:

They tell me, min requirements for Asterisk and AAH are very different.
Asterisk will run on a digital watch, but AAH needs a bit more to
process
all those builtin scripts.
Sounds like Sean is running AAH.
I have been running a 10 phone office on a PIII 800/256/20 for over a
year
on AAH 1.2 or is it 1.5.
My name is also Sean. Hi Sean.

Ahh, yes i am running AAH

[email protected] version 2.7 here

AAH is no more

No new versions but existing installations live on!

Old June 14th 06, 11:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Wed, 14 Jun 2006, Cardiff IT Support Ltd writes
"David Floyd" wrote in message
In message of Wed, 14 Jun 2006, Sean writes
Cardiff IT Support Ltd wrote:

They tell me, min requirements for Asterisk and AAH are very different.
Asterisk will run on a digital watch, but AAH needs a bit more to
process
all those builtin scripts.
Sounds like Sean is running AAH.
I have been running a 10 phone office on a PIII 800/256/20 for over a
year
on AAH 1.2 or is it 1.5.
My name is also Sean. Hi Sean.

Ahh, yes i am running AAH

[email protected] version 2.7 here

AAH is no more

No new versions but existing installations live on!

The point I was making is that the version after 2.8 is TrixBox 1.0

David
Old June 15th 06, 01:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

"Sean" wrote in message
Hi, just wondering what spec computers people on who run asterisk use

Mines currently running on a Celeron (Coppermine) CPU Speed 562.03 MHz
with 384Mb RAM.

When making an internal call, it takes around three seconds before it
processes what it needs to with AGI scripts and things before actually
starting to ring the internal extension.

I temporarily put it in my 2Ghz PC with 1.25Gb ram, and it connects
internal calls instantly!

Just wondering what others have, and how long it takes to do things like
connect internal calls..

Thank

AAH 2.8 PII 200 with 512RAM works well!

I did have it originally installed on a tiny 3 gig drive and it did work for
a while. The current drive is considerably bigger.

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old June 15th 06, 03:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
linker3000

Sean wrote:
Hi, just wondering what spec computers people on who run asterisk use

Mines currently running on a Celeron (Coppermine) CPU Speed 562.03 MHz
with 384Mb RAM.

When making an internal call, it takes around three seconds before it
processes what it needs to with AGI scripts and things before actually
starting to ring the internal extension.

I temporarily put it in my 2Ghz PC with 1.25Gb ram, and it connects
internal calls instantly!

Just wondering what others have, and how long it takes to do things like
connect internal calls..

Thank

Dual Core P4 2.66GHZ with 1GB RAM and 300GB Mirrored disks running AAH 2.8

9 extensions in a trial. Ultimately 30+ planned. Connections are pretty
much instantaneous - even over ADSL links.

Also had the trial running on a Sempron 2800 with 512MB - also very quick.

Old June 15th 06, 09:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Sean wrote:

Just wondering what others have, and how long it takes to do things like
connect internal calls..

200mhz MIPS w/ 16MB Ram. (Linksys WRT54G Wireless Router).

Calls connect instantly.