handsets

Old June 14th 06, 08:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Cardiff IT Support Ltd

Default handsets

Just looking for some handset feedback.

I started on BT101 / 102 - Great for learning, wouldn't use (again)
commercially. :-(

I moved to AT-320 - Better sound than 101/102 but still a cheap feel to
them. IAX2 firmware a nice option.

I am considering Aastra 9112i for next installation, whats the thoughts on
these?

My buddy has a 9133i and I am impressed with it.

What 'value' handsets would you recommend?

Old June 14th 06, 10:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Cardiff IT Support Ltd"
wrote in message

Just looking for some handset feedback.

I started on BT101 / 102 - Great for learning, wouldn't
use (again) commercially. :-(

I moved to AT-320 - Better sound than 101/102 but still a
cheap feel to them. IAX2 firmware a nice option.

I am considering Aastra 9112i for next installation,
whats the thoughts on these?

My buddy has a 9133i and I am impressed with it.

What 'value' handsets would you recommend?

The Snom range have a good reputation, although personally I prefer
ordinary phones with ATA's.

Ivor

Old June 15th 06, 03:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
linker3000

Cardiff IT Support Ltd wrote:
Just looking for some handset feedback.

I started on BT101 / 102 - Great for learning, wouldn't use (again)
commercially. :-(

I moved to AT-320 - Better sound than 101/102 but still a cheap feel to
them. IAX2 firmware a nice option.

I am considering Aastra 9112i for next installation, whats the thoughts on
these?

My buddy has a 9133i and I am impressed with it.

What 'value' handsets would you recommend?

Safecom SDSIP-5000 - excellent speakerphones - come in at about 44-47

Safecom SDSIP-3000 - low-cost version of 5000 - paying 28(ish) each for
15-off

There will also be a 4000 (maybe Aug) that has an FXO port.

Build quality is excellent and they work well directly to VoIP providers
and Asterisk/At home/Trixbox. 2 x 10/100 network connections on the back.

http://www.qtds.com/ (UK distributors)
and
http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/101535

I also tried the BT101 and 102s and found them clunky and the sound was
very muffled. The built-in network ports are also only 10Mbit.

Old June 20th 06, 11:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alex

Cardiff IT Support Ltd wrote:
Just looking for some handset feedback.

I started on BT101 / 102 - Great for learning, wouldn't use (again)
commercially. :-(

I moved to AT-320 - Better sound than 101/102 but still a cheap feel to
them. IAX2 firmware a nice option.

I am considering Aastra 9112i for next installation, whats the thoughts on
these?

I don't much care for the styling on the Aastras, but that's just me.
The build quality is generally good and the sound quality seems to be
better than most phones in the same price range.

alex