ITSP advice

Old June 15th 06, 12:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Neil G Jarman

Default ITSP advice

Hi,

I'm still trying to find and ITSP that will:

a) allow me to continue to use my exisiting 01405 number
b) allow me to use my own equipment

Any suggestions appreciated.

cheers,

NEIL

Old June 15th 06, 12:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Neil G Jarman" wrote in
message
Hi,

I'm still trying to find and ITSP that will:

a) allow me to continue to use my exisiting 01405 number
b) allow me to use my own equipment

Any suggestions appreciated.

Who is your existing number with..?

Ivor

Old June 15th 06, 01:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Neil G Jarman

Who is your existing number with..?

BT's normal lines - we have 2 voice and one fax line

Old June 15th 06, 05:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Peter Gradwell

Colin Forrester wrote:
Ivor Jones wrote:

"Neil G Jarman" wrote in
message

Who is your existing number with..?

BT's normal lines - we have 2 voice and one fax line

Don't think anyone will allow you to port BT numbers in from that
range. Gradwell can port numbers but only from the London 020 range at
the moment IIRC.

The Gradwell range is he-
http://www.gradwell.com/voip/number_porting.php

It is larger than London now - more like M25 and M4 corridor.

that is now expanded to nationwide. we ported a chippenham number the
other day to test. website should be updated shortly.

cheers
peter

Old June 16th 06, 09:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Neil Jarman

I mailed a request to Mr Gradwell's company and am awaiting a response -
thanks

NEIL.

Old June 21st 06, 03:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Kenyon

Colin Forrester wrote:
Peter Gradwell wrote:

The Gradwell range is he-
http://www.gradwell.com/voip/number_porting.php

It is larger than London now - more like M25 and M4 corridor.

that is now expanded to nationwide. we ported a chippenham number the
other day to test. website should be updated shortly.

Great news - I will be along shortly to port some Southampton numbers then.

Voipfone also offer this service nationwide, I've never found anyone
who's managed to get them to do it, but apparently they offer it.

I wanted to go with gradwell in the first place, the only problem I have
is that they limit the call to 2 incoming concurrent calls per number
(which for home is absolutely fine, but I have a customer where this
would be too limiting).

Does anyone know if gradwell support a failover service (where for a
termination fee, if the line doesn't work the call will be forwarded to
another number.)
Old June 21st 06, 09:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Thomas Kenyon wrote :
Colin Forrester wrote:
Peter Gradwell wrote:

The Gradwell range is he-
http://www.gradwell.com/voip/number_porting.php

It is larger than London now - more like M25 and M4 corridor.

that is now expanded to nationwide. we ported a chippenham number the
other day to test. website should be updated shortly.

Great news - I will be along shortly to port some Southampton numbers then.

Voipfone also offer this service nationwide, I've never found anyone
who's managed to get them to do it, but apparently they offer it.

Voipfone provided a list which stated "from April"....when I looked at
end of May, it still said "from April"

Nor was it a national list - it was a long list but not complete.

Old June 21st 06, 10:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Kenyon

Jono wrote:

Voipfone provided a list which stated "from April"....when I looked at
end of May, it still said "from April"

Nor was it a national list - it was a long list but not complete.

That's true, but when asked a couple of weeks ago, they still aren't
available in many of the exchanges listed as from April.
Old June 22nd 06, 09:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Peter Gradwell

hi

I wanted to go with gradwell in the first place, the only problem I have
is that they limit the call to 2 incoming concurrent calls per number
(which for home is absolutely fine, but I have a customer where this
would be too limiting).

We limit it to 2 calls per unit of line rental you pay us. We can of
course offer more channels, it just costs a bit more.

Does anyone know if gradwell support a failover service (where for a
termination fee, if the line doesn't work the call will be forwarded to
another number.)

Yep. You can set up call forwarding on your handset not being
available/busy via our control panel.

cheers
peter

Old June 22nd 06, 10:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Kenyon

Peter Gradwell wrote:
hi

I wanted to go with gradwell in the first place, the only problem I have
is that they limit the call to 2 incoming concurrent calls per number
(which for home is absolutely fine, but I have a customer where this
would be too limiting).

We limit it to 2 calls per unit of line rental you pay us. We can of
course offer more channels, it just costs a bit more.

Does anyone know if gradwell support a failover service (where for a
termination fee, if the line doesn't work the call will be forwarded to
another number.)

Yep. You can set up call forwarding on your handset not being
available/busy via our control panel.

cheers
peter

Err, so for 2/month from Voipfone I can have an incoming number that
can comfortably carry 8 calls simultaneously (and more if needed),
whereas a comparative service from you would cost 12/month and will
only be 8 maximum.

I take it if I have 2 numbers, then they are both limited to 2 calls
(rather than 4 calls between them?).