free newsgroups with posting allowed & ftp

Old June 15th 06, 03:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dj Toonz

Default free newsgroups with posting allowed & ftp

hi all, i'm on bulldog and they dont provied newsgroup's or ftp, i used to
be with cheap56k.com but that's been down and the admin aint going to fix
the problem so i'm left without a decient newsgroup server, i've been
looking @ terranews but dont know what it's like :-( is there any other news
servers for a cheap ammount a month or free, also what's a decient ftp site
to host my website on, i've been looking at the lycos offers but everyone
i've looked at comes with ad's on the site :-( is there any ftp site's
without ads what people can recamend aswell as the news servers
TIA

Old June 15th 06, 11:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joker7

"Dj Toonz" wrote in message
: hi all, i'm on bulldog and they dont provied newsgroup's or ftp, i used to
: be with cheap56k.com but that's been down and the admin aint going to fix
: the problem so i'm left without a decient newsgroup server, i've been
: looking @ terranews but dont know what it's like :-( is there any other
news
: servers for a cheap ammount a month or free, also what's a decient ftp
site
: to host my website on, i've been looking at the lycos offers but everyone
: i've looked at comes with ad's on the site :-( is there any ftp site's
: without ads what people can recamend aswell as the news servers
: TIA
:
I'm not to sure about the news group I do use terranews along with overs
like most thing you get what you pay for.

For your hosting take a look at here http://host.kick-butt.co.uk you can get
a domain name and hosting for under 3.00 ukp a year.

I hope this helps

Chris

--
Cheap As Chips Broadband http://yeah.kick-butt.co.uk
Superb hosting & domain name deals http://host.kick-butt.co.uk

Old June 16th 06, 05:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
poster

On 15 Jun 2006, "Dj Toonz" wrote:

i've been looking @ terranews but dont know what it's like :-(

Adds their silly advert to every post, but generally works OK... They
managed to forget to renew the domain so it went off for a few hours/days
recently. That's pretty dumb of whoever runs it.

is there any other news servers for a cheap amount a month or free,

For 9.99/year at www.clara.net/btbroadband there's the Claranet mail + news
(text groups only) service which I can recommend. Have used their mail for
at least 5 years with very few problems. News has had some problems (their
binary service is still not comparable to some others). If you are heavily
into binaries then services start from $2.50/month (5 GB) or $6 (2 GB/day),
and up depending on how much and how fast you can d/l.

also what's a decient ftp site to host my website on,

Depends what content, how much webspace, how much in monthly traffic you're
expecting to/from your site. I've seen Heart Internet mentioned (I'm not a
customer). Might be better if you ask in uk.net.providers with more info
on what you want, where some hosting firms / users may answer. Peter M.
Old July 18th 06, 08:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
anybody

I recommend Usenetmonster.com 5Gb per month for around 1.70
Full binary coverage with good retention periods.