Freetalk

Old June 16th 06, 01:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
bob garbutt

Default Freetalk

Hi,

Anyone using Freetalk, I'm having problems getting Three way calling
working, it does not seem to understand when I Press the recall button!

Bob
Old June 16th 06, 09:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Fred

"bob garbutt" wrote in message
.uk...
Hi,

Anyone using Freetalk, I'm having problems getting Three way calling
working, it does not seem to understand when I Press the recall button!

Bob

Hi Bob
I am using Freetalk and its very good although I havent tried 3 way
calling -tell me how its supposed to work? I could maybe test it out with
you if u like!
Fred

Old June 16th 06, 09:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Fred expressed precisely :
"bob garbutt" wrote in message
.uk...
Hi,

Anyone using Freetalk, I'm having problems getting Three way calling
working, it does not seem to understand when I Press the recall button!

Bob

Hi Bob
I am using Freetalk and its very good although I havent tried 3 way calling
-tell me how its supposed to work? I could maybe test it out with you if u
like!
Fred

Whilst on a call, press recall which should put call one on hold & give
you a dial tone. Dial another number. When answered, press recall
button to join all 3 of you together in a 3-way call.

Old June 17th 06, 12:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
bob garbutt

Jono wrote:
Fred expressed precisely :
"bob garbutt" wrote in message
.uk...
Hi,

Anyone using Freetalk, I'm having problems getting Three way calling
working, it does not seem to understand when I Press the recall button!

Bob

Hi Bob
I am using Freetalk and its very good although I havent tried 3 way
calling -tell me how its supposed to work? I could maybe test it out
with you if u like!
Fred

Whilst on a call, press recall which should put call one on hold & give
you a dial tone. Dial another number. When answered, press recall button
to join all 3 of you together in a 3-way call.

it may be my phone, I have three wireless onetell Big button handsets,
the main base station is plugged into the Freetalk box, all works well
except cant get call waiting or three way calling to work, I'm not sure
if if the phone using the right type of recall!

My Give it a try with you Fred some time, otherwise I'm very pleased
with the service, just told Telewest to cancel my normal voice line.

Bob
Old June 17th 06, 02:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
fred

"bob garbutt" wrote in message
.uk...
Jono wrote:
Fred expressed precisely :
[...]

ok Bob-if you wish to try it out then you can contact me on

just remove nospam to email me.
Fred.

Old June 18th 06, 08:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
bob garbutt

Jono wrote:
Fred expressed precisely :
"bob garbutt" wrote in message
.uk...
Hi,

Anyone using Freetalk, I'm having problems getting Three way calling
working, it does not seem to understand when I Press the recall button!

Bob

Hi Bob
I am using Freetalk and its very good although I havent tried 3 way
calling -tell me how its supposed to work? I could maybe test it out
with you if u like!
Fred

Whilst on a call, press recall which should put call one on hold & give
you a dial tone. Dial another number. When answered, press recall button
to join all 3 of you together in a 3-way call.

Cheers Jono,

I tried that, but dont get a dial tone, Dont think there's a problem
with Freetalk, because I hear the tones in call waiting, but nothing
happens when I press the recall button!

BOb
Old June 18th 06, 02:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
fred

"bob garbutt" wrote in message
. uk...
Jono wrote:
Fred expressed precisely :
[...]

I tried those previous instructions too but couldn't get a dial tone either!
Fred.

Old June 18th 06, 04:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"bob garbutt" wrote in message
. uk

[snip]

I tried that, but dont get a dial tone, Dont think
there's a problem with Freetalk, because I hear the tones
in call waiting, but nothing happens when I press the
recall button!

Check that your phone is set to Time Break (TB) Recall. Most have a switch
somewhere to switch between TB and Earth recall, which is used on some
(mostly older) switchboards.

Ivor

Old June 19th 06, 12:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Fred

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

"bob garbutt" wrote in message
. uk

[snip]

I tried that, but dont get a dial tone, Dont think
there's a problem with Freetalk, because I hear the tones
in call waiting, but nothing happens when I press the
recall button!

Check that your phone is set to Time Break (TB) Recall. Most have a switch
somewhere to switch between TB and Earth recall, which is used on some
(mostly older) switchboards.

Ivor

No ideawhat you mean Ivor as this set up is voip-nothing to do with a
switchboard as I am using Freetalk at home.

Old June 19th 06, 01:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Fred" wrote in message
.uk
"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

"bob garbutt" wrote in
message
. uk [snip]

I tried that, but dont get a dial tone, Dont think
there's a problem with Freetalk, because I hear the
tones in call waiting, but nothing happens when I
press the recall button!

Check that your phone is set to Time Break (TB) Recall.
Most have a switch somewhere to switch between TB and
Earth recall, which is used on some (mostly older)
switchboards. Ivor

No ideawhat you mean Ivor as this set up is voip-nothing
to do with a switchboard as I am using Freetalk at home.

It's nothing to do with switchboards, it's just that some older swbds
required earth recall, which is why the facility still exists on phones.

Check your phone. Somewhere on it (probably concealed somewhere on the
underside) should be a small switch with two or three positions marked
Pulse (or maybe P or LD), TB and E or something along those lines. It
determines whether the phone dials out with loop disconnect, DTMF with
earth recall or DTMF with Time Break recall. You need to select TB or
whatever it's labelled on your phone. Most phones should be set to this by
default but the switch could have been moved inadvertently.

As a test, when you need to use the recall button, *briefly* flash the
hookswitch and see if you get dial tone then. If you do then it's your
phone setting as above. If not then it is a problem elsewhere. Let me
know what the phone setting is and whether the hookswitch flash works.

Ivor