Is it worth jumping to ADSL Max?

Old June 16th 06, 05:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Simon

Default Is it worth jumping to ADSL Max?

Hi all,
I've been trying to contact my ISP (Garner Digital) about upgrading to
ADSL Max. About 2 months ago they said I'd get the information shortly.
I now can't get hold of them by email or phone. Apart from this, the
service they have provided has been great. I have a 1MB connection
(best I can get), capped at 4GB (doubt I ever go near this limit) for
£18 per month. The only line problem I ever had was traced to faulty
wiring at my end.

Apparently, I could get 4MB with ADSL Max. Is ADSL Max reliable enough
to warrant jumping up from my ultra-reliable 1MB line? We don't
download a lot, so I'm not sure how much difference we'd notice, but
I'm a sucker for a free technology upgrade.

Now that Garner are proving difficult to work with, are there other
ISP's out there who could offer a ADSL Max service for the same limits
and price I have now?

Thanks

Simon

Old June 16th 06, 06:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Reg Edwards

Before jumping, make sure you can jump back if things don't go
according to plan.

Old June 17th 06, 12:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clangnuts

"Reg Edwards" wrote in message
Before jumping, make sure you can jump back if things don't go
according to plan.

Zen don't allow one to jump back. That's why I've stayed with plain ADSL.

Clangnuts