Blocking unwanted telesale calls

Old June 17th 06, 04:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
\www.forensicdatarecovery.co.uk\

Default Blocking unwanted telesale calls

Seen this on ebay is it any good?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CallBlocker-Bl...QQcmdZViewItem
Old June 17th 06, 04:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

""www.forensicdatarecovery.co.uk" "ijb"@ok2" "remove wrote in message
Seen this on ebay is it any good?

Cheaper (free) and easier to register with the Telephone Preference Service.

Old June 17th 06, 05:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On 17-Jun-2006, "Beck" wrote:

Cheaper (free) and easier to register with the Telephone Preference Service.

Telephone and Mailing Preference Services, both free, work
for me. May take two to three months before the nuisance
calls finally stop, within a month most have stopped.
There are still the occasional Caller ID International, no
details available ones, that say "You have won a fabulous
holiday" who are reluctant to reveal who they really are,
and what the downside of the offer is.
Old June 17th 06, 09:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alan

In message , Beck
wrote

""www.forensicdatarecovery.co.uk" "ijb"@ok2" "remove wrote in message
Seen this on ebay is it any good?

Cheaper (free) and easier to register with the Telephone Preference Service.

Which is fast becoming a complete waste of time. Many of the junk
calls are now originating from international sources.

I find an answerphone and Caller Display works for me. My caller
display box is programmed to indicate programmed friendly numbers with a
green light and the name of the caller so that I pick up immediately
and the answerphone results in many junk calls being abandoned quickly.

--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com
Old June 17th 06, 10:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Alan" wrote in message

Which is fast becoming a complete waste of time. Many of the junk
calls are now originating from international sources.

I find an answerphone and Caller Display works for me. My caller display
box is programmed to indicate programmed friendly numbers with a green
light and the name of the caller so that I pick up immediately and the
answerphone results in many junk calls being abandoned quickly.

Thankfully I have not had a problem but I see how it can be if people are
calling from abroad.

Old June 17th 06, 10:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On 17-Jun-2006, Alan wrote:

I find an answerphone and Caller Display works for me. My caller
display box is programmed to indicate programmed friendly numbers with a
green light and the name of the caller so that I pick up immediately
and the answerphone results in many junk calls being abandoned quickly.

Excellent idea, but no good if some of your family live abroad and all
you get from Caller Display is INTERNATIONAL
Old June 17th 06, 11:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

wrote in message
news
On 17-Jun-2006, Alan wrote:

I find an answerphone and Caller Display works for me.
My caller display box is programmed to indicate
programmed friendly numbers with a green light and the
name of the caller so that I pick up immediately and
the answerphone results in many junk calls being
abandoned quickly.

Excellent idea, but no good if some of your family live
abroad and all you get from Caller Display is
INTERNATIONAL

Where are they calling from..? I often get calls from friends in the USA
and Germany and their CLI shows, although sometimes in a somewhat munged
form, i.e. the USA number shows without 001 at the start, i.e. 480xxxxxxx
so I can't use it to return the call, but at least I can see who it is.

Ivor

Old June 18th 06, 12:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom
poster

On 17 Jun 2006, Alan wrote:

My caller display box is programmed to indicate friendly numbers

Sounds like a handy unit. Perhaps you could give the make and model ?

[ Cross-posted to uk.telecom, and Follow-Up set to uk.telecom ]