Aterisk @ Home Voicemail

Old June 17th 06, 03:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

Default Aterisk @ Home Voicemail

I seem to have broken my asterisk voicemail!

It does not record anything, it usually it records in three formats i think?

When watching in my CLI it only tries wav49, but then fails.

So it askes you to leave message, then dont let it record, it just asks
if it should be saved reviewed etc.

So somehow i've broke whatever it does when recording.. Any ideas?
Old June 17th 06, 03:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Sean explained :
I seem to have broken my asterisk voicemail!

It does not record anything, it usually it records in three formats i think?

When watching in my CLI it only tries wav49, but then fails.

So it askes you to leave message, then dont let it record, it just asks if it
should be saved reviewed etc.

So somehow i've broke whatever it does when recording.. Any ideas?

Restore from backup?

What have you been fiddling with?

Is this the same with every extension that has vm configured?

Just as a test, edit extensions_custom.conf and make a test extension &
then reload and dial the test 555.

exten = 555,1,Voicemail(u204) (where 204 is an existing mailbox)

Old June 17th 06, 03:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

Jono wrote:

Restore from backup?

Well, i think i will have to, but it's a pain!

What have you been fiddling with?

I coiped who system to a new hard disk.. And added extensions and
things.. And things went kinda wrong! Now voicemail has really gone

Is this the same with every extension that has vm configured?

All extensions, yes, and also when you try and record your greetings!

Old June 17th 06, 06:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
sean

I've found that using the built in back up and restore thing in asterisk
@ home can cause the problem with voicemail!

So, i'm copying over from old hard disk again!

Very annoying!

Old June 20th 06, 09:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

Sean wrote:

I've found that using the built in back up and restore thing in asterisk
@ home can cause the problem with voicemail!

So, i'm copying over from old hard disk again!

Very annoying!

I'd check the permissions on the voicemail directory very carefully.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
21:06:51 up 2 days, 9:47, 0 users, load average: 0.32, 0.17, 0.06

Old June 21st 06, 10:43 PM
mattpark mattpark is offline
Junior Member

Location: Durham, United Kingdom
Thumbs up

Try moving over to the new [email protected], trixbox

http://www.trixbox.org/

Drastic fix i know!
UK Specifc VoIP Forum - http://ukvoiptalk.com
Now with new reviews secton at http://ukvoiptalk.com/reviews/