My Network Places..why nothing shown?

Old June 17th 06, 09:48 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
John Brown

Default My Network Places..why nothing shown?

Hi...Have 2 pc's networked...
I can access all of pc B from A and all of pc A from B by going via View
Workgroup Computers...and on B I can see all in My Network Places - Local
Network...
.....but on A there is nothing shown in My Network Places....(think I may
have deleted them).
How do I re-show the various A and B drives in A's My Network Places - Local
Network?
Thanks

Old June 18th 06, 05:50 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
OhNo

"John Brown" wrote in message
Hi...Have 2 pc's networked...
I can access all of pc B from A and all of pc A from B by going via View
Workgroup Computers...and on B I can see all in My Network Places - Local
Network...
....but on A there is nothing shown in My Network Places....(think I may
have deleted them).
How do I re-show the various A and B drives in A's My Network Places -
Local Network?
Thanks

right click My Network Places.....Explore

Old June 18th 06, 09:03 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
John Brown

"OhNo" wrote in message

"John Brown" wrote in message
Hi...Have 2 pc's networked...
I can access all of pc B from A and all of pc A from B by going via View
Workgroup Computers...and on B I can see all in My Network Places - Local
Network...
....but on A there is nothing shown in My Network Places....(think I may
have deleted them).
How do I re-show the various A and B drives in A's My Network Places -
Local Network?
Thanks

right click My Network Places.....Explore

--------------
Could you spell it out for me.
On the one pc when first I click Start then the My Network Places icon isn't
shown in the drop down box?
I can access it however by Start/Control Panel/Network Connection/Other
Places/My Network Places
Then yes I can right click My Network Places/Explore...but what do I do then
to get the folders back into My Network Places?

Old June 18th 06, 09:13 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
OhNo

"John Brown" wrote in message

"OhNo" wrote in message

"John Brown" wrote in message
[...]

when My Network Places is not shown, right click your lower Taskbar and go
Properties, select Start Manu tab then go Customize, under the Advanced tab
look in the Start menu items window scroll down and make sure My Network
Places is ticked

the folders should auto load and appear as folders.......not sure why they
do not.

dj

Old June 18th 06, 09:44 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
John Brown

"OhNo" wrote in message

"John Brown" wrote in message

"OhNo" wrote in message

"John Brown" wrote in message
[...]

Excellent...Thanks for that.

the folders should auto load and appear as folders.......not sure why they
do not.

Think it must be that I deleted them for some reason...I'll start agian that
might bbe my best plan.
Thanks again.